Heart starts beating fast/hard with head chest, shoulder pain
Out of the blue my heart will thump (what is feels like)  then begin racing.  Once that starts I will get a severe ache in my left shoulder (no arm pain). Aching around my chest (like someone is squeezing me) and an intense pressure pain from the back of my neck to my temples. This has gone on for years but is starting to happen more often, last longer and the pain getting more intense (currently having one of these attacks).  Will the High Blood Pressure medication i just started taking resolve this?  Or do I need to ask my doctor to check something else?

Thank you!
You Need to Go to The ER as you could have tacharydia  tachaypenic or premature atrial tachcarydia or proxmal atrial tachacardia
You definitely should get your heart fully evaluated.  Tell the doctor about the racing heart and the aching that accompanies it.  

Ask the doctor if you should get a nuclear medicine test to check for any blockages in the heart that might be causing the pain.  

Ask the doctor about a doppler check of your carotid arteries in your neck to see if they are fully patent (clear of any blockage), since the pain is extending up that way.  

Ask your doctor for an event holtor monitor, which can monitor your heart rhythm to learn what kind of rapid heart rate you are having.

Check with your doctor to see if the blood pressure medication you are on will help with these rushes of heartbeating.  
Check out the posts about SVT's
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated doctors in your area?