Heart Palpitations that wont go away

for the past week I have had palpitations. I have a history of palpitations but these have lasted a entire week. I was at work when they began I became very dizzy, as if i was really drunk, and thats when the palpitations began. When i got home I layed in my bed and I felt as if I was going to have a heart attack I could not brethe and I got up quickly. ever since I have had these unusual palpitations.

My cholesterol is fine and my blood pressure last I checked was 116. I am 19 years old and have a family history of heart disease. I am overweight.

any ideas?
maybe u r having panic attacks and you are thinking too much that it is an actual heart problem.
thanks for your reply. I was thinking i was having panic attacks but i wasnt sure.

heh, yea  they do. I have had them since a little kid. I set up a appointment with my doc on friday to see if its anything serious. Probably just my worrying that has made them last this long.

I had heart palpitations since I was a child, but about 4 years ago they were more predominant and I had other symptoms (severe mood swings, weak muscles, hard time concentrating/focusing) and I was diagnosed with Grave's disease (hyperthyroidism).  I'm sure your doctor has already checked your thyroid levels, but if he/she hasn't, it's worth a try.
i just went to the doc, and hes having me do some blood tests a visit to the hospital to hook me up to a machine to check my heart beats. also one of those machines i have to wear for a day i forgot what its called.

he also said he thinks its nothing serious, he said that the dizzyness didnt sound heart related cause it went away when i would sit down. he says that was probably due to a ear problem.