Heart skipping a beat/Pausing for longer then normal
For the past week i've had minor heart skip periods, the waves will vary in duration and intensity, but lately they've been lasting a while, and its very uncomftable to feel my heart skipping/stopping, i only get this when at rest, or maybe i can just feel it skipping whilst i'm resting and not when walking about.
I went to a&e two days ago because it got really bad, kind of similar to how it is whilst i'm writing this, the waves of skipping kept getting worse and worse and eventually it was acheing a bit too.
I had a ECG, bloodtests, and a X-ray, they was all normal, but i didn't have the palpitations at the time of the ECG, which is why i'm still worried about it, thinking that some underline problem could be hiding.
the whole situation is making me very anxious, which obviously isnt helping the skipping. But how can i stay calm when my heart is literally stopping.. and starting again with a big thump.
Any awnsers or information are welcome i'd really appreciate it.

Also; I'm 20, i don't smoke, i don't drink much, and i don't do drugs.
The same thing happened to me, we discovered that it was caused by my GERD problem ( heartburn) If you do have heartburn, even occaisionally this happens. Your esophagus is behind your heart and sometimes when you have heartburn or reflux your esophagus gets into kind of a spasm and it triggers your heart to get into a fast and irregular beat. My heartburn is under control and I don't get that rapid pulse now. I went to emergency several times because I thought I was having a heart attack, but all the results of tests showed nothing wrong.
Hi! U sound just like me! My palps did show up on the EKG and the heart monitor and they still told me I had a healthy heart! It is very scary mine is going 11 days now mostly just when I lay down.. It rlly feels like my heart is gonna stop any moment! Mine is due to low iron and potassium have u had yours checked!! Hope u get feeling better soon!!!
Ask your doctor to send you to a cardiologist for a halter monitor.  It records everything your heart does in a 24 hour period so a cardiologist can analyze it.  It could be a small thing like GERD or a mineral deficiency (iron, potassium, magnesium), or it could be something serious that you need to know about. At the very least, it sounds like arrythmia.
Thanks for the replies.
I'll be seeing a cardiologist hopefully within the next two weeks.
I don't think I've got a deficiency in anything, because I do take supplements and vitamins, and try to eat healthy-ish..
Hopefully the cardiologist can tell me what's wrong because my anxiety levels are through the roof!