Heavy feeling in lower pelvis.
I have been having a very strange symptom for the last three days. Four days ago I woke up with an unusually full bladder. I was very tired that night due to a long day at work, but I distinctly remember dreaming about being desperate for the toilet but I was too tired to wake myself up.

Anyway, when I woke up my bladder was so full that it was agony trying to get out of bed. When I finally got to the bathroom I passed a huge amount of urine.

Now I am left with this horrible sensation that won't pass. It feels as though my bladder is constantly full or I have trapped wind. It's a constant dull ache that gets worse when I pass wind, or I empty my bladder. There is no stinging when I urinate, and my urine is clear. Although I feel as though I have trapped wind, I have been passing flatus freely and my bowel movements are normal.

What could the problem be?

It appears that you may have stretched the muscles around the urinary bladder or the sphincters at the site. This may also be due to some underlying, as yet not fully established, Urinary Bladder infection.

I think you will need more to get yourself examined and cleared from a physician to help you with the cause and treatment in your case.

You may use pain killers for the time being. I would also advise going to the toilet before it is time, such that there is no excessive stretching of the muscle or mucosa.

Let us know if you may need any more help.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.