Heavy periods and bad cramps
I have always had minor cramps and very little bleeding during my cycle until recently. I now have three days of bleeding where I have to change my pads every hour on the hour. I also have cramps so bad that no matter what I take for them I still can't function properly throughout the day. I've tried talking with my physician but htey all suggest a hysterectomy. Is there anything I can do? I'm sure this is a common problem. How can I find remedy to help me.
Menopause is the most common cause of heavy bleeding.it acuss hormonal imbalance which can cause irregular and heavy or scanty periods.How old are you?
Menopause can occur in age 40-55 but premenopause is not the only cause of irregular and constant bleeding in periods.Other causes are there.

Excessive amount or duration of menstrual flow, at more or less regular intervals is called menorrhagia.Sometimes it is associated with polymenorrhea(Frequent flow, cycles of ≤21 days)Causes of menorrhagia are Hypothyroidism, Endometrial proliferation or hyperplasia like ovarian tumor and polycystic ovarian disease,endometrial polyps and neoplasia,endometriosis,fibroids,uterine cysts and uterine sarcomas.

In my opinion you need to get your pelvic examination done from your gynecologist along with investigations like complete blood count,thyroid function tests,PAP smear and ultrasound uterus.Once cause of menorrhagia is identified,treatment can be planned.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep us posted on how you are doing.