Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Help me please???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Help me please???

I'm really scared. I'm a fifteen year old girl who has ADHD and depression who has always suffered from undiagnosed headaches. Anyways, I'll get to the point. Recently I've been having extreme pain in in/around/by my carotid artery. No one believes me because of my age, but I know quite a bit about the human body and I know the carotid artery isn't supposed to swell, pulse so you can feel it in your ear, and discolor the skin above it... I also now sweat at random moments and can't turn my head to the right without severe pain. Has anyone had this happen to them? Does it have a name? And how is it treated?
Thanks for writing to the forum!
Indeed carotid artery disease is a serious thing as it can cause stroke. However this is generally a silent disease. Your symptoms too do not look like involving carotid artery. A throbbing pulsing pain in the ear can be due to fluid in the ear or middle ear infection called otitis media. This can cause severe pain in the era, radiating to the neck too.
Another possibility is caries tooth which can cause pain in both ear and neck. The third possibility is wry neck  
Hope this helps. I think you should discuss these possibilities with your doctor and parents. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Thank you. I shall discuss this with my doctor and parents as you suggested.