Help need suggestions on a dx
My 17 yr old daughter had a headache for 4 days in sinus area.  On the 4th day developed fever 101.3 with a stiff neck and swollen lymp nodes.  At the ER her WBC was 4.5, strep screen and mono spot were negative.  MRI brain negative. Spinal tap was clear and negative.  She was given a depomedrol shot and sent home.  She has chronic acne and is on tetracycline and about a week ago was started on bactrim ds for a new outbreak of acne.  The lymp nodes continue to swell in front of her ears, back of neck etc.  Today she is still having headache and fever.  The doctors are out of suggestions.  Please is you have suggestions let me know.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
I cannot give you a confirmed diagnosis but can list the possible causes of fever and swollen glands in the neck area. Neck lymph nodes can be the result of tonsillitis, pharyngitis (infection of upper throat), infection in mouth, caries in tooth, internal ear infection, outer ear infection, eczema, dermatitis, dandruff, breast cancer, fungal infection, infectious mono nucleosis, other cancers like lymphoma etc.
Please discuss this with your daughter’s treating doctor. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!