Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Help

The past few months I can't seem to shake the feeling that something is wrong with me.I'm no stranger to panic attacks,mostly at night,the meds help a little.But I can never shake the feeling that something is physically or mentally wrong with me,it consumes most of my days and nights.I'm petrified of dying,my shrink calls it fear of impending doom,I found something on the internet called Somniphobia,that makes a lot of sense.None of the meds really help,Ive had physicals,blood work,chest x-rays,everything short of a brain scan,I am so miserable most of the time,between this and I also have back problems for which I also take a lot of pain meds.It's every twinge,heart flutter,pain or weird feeling,I'm on a first name basis with most the ER staff,Ive tried to convince myself it's nothing,but that dosen't work.I have saint medals hanging over my bed a Bible under my mattress .Does anyone have things like this or any suggestions on what helps.I'm only 39yrs old and can't allow this to go on.Thanks for listening.
I read this last night, and was wondering why no one had responded to it yet.  Probably because they didnt want to say anything that might upset you.  It is aparent that this is some sort of mental state.  I can say I relate to it.  Being afraid of dying is not uncommon. Alot of people want to end their life, but are afraid to die.  Look into your past, 10, 20, maybe 30 years ago.  Look at the negative things, compare them to the positive things, which out weighs which?   From what you have wrote so far, it appears to me that you might have left something out.  The only way you are going to get over this fear is to face it and be honest with yourself.  I feel doom everyday, not for the world, but for myself.   If you maybe, have had a streak of unusually bad luck, that things are never gonna go your way again, everytime you do something it is wrong.  Anything that would make you feel that life is helpless and there is impending doom.   It could be anything.  Maybe I am wrong about all this, after all I am surely no psychologist or expert in the field.  I am merely suggesting things that you may want to think about.  If this has been any help at all feel free to respong, and I will respond again.  
Whether it's physical or mental this is what you need to know.  Everyone dies, it's how were forced to move forward, most people put it out of their minds until they are forced to face the death of someone close to them.  This is what I know, when you fear this great, know that you are closest to God at this point and if you acknowledge that fear is God, you will begin to hear and see wonderful gifts of the supernatural world that surround us that most never even know or would believe exists, yet even though most believe there is a God.  It is written, " fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge", " fear of God is wisdom" these were not meant to explain to believers to not be afraid at all, but to know to whom fear is given.  There is no greater fear than that of he whom can destroy both body and soul, this is God.  If then you acknowledge this, then you can no longer fear anything else or it will make your trust in God void and of no value and will separate you from the truth which will in turn produce an even greater fear of all things but God.  As I stated in the beginning, most people don't obtain such a state of fear, not for their supposed state of sanity, but for their denial and lack of desire to obtain the truth. First there is fear and when accepted in truth as God, then comes faith as this world does not know and understanding from God pertaining to all things that are given to his children as was and is to his son Jesus whom even by faith and truth could not be held by death nor the grave, yet none since have understood the words of wisdom as he did and does in order to raise from the grave or walk on water until now.      So my suggestion to you, is read and pray until God presents to you the reason for the Lord requesting your presence or ear.    Keep in mind that every time the angel of the Lord appeared, those who witnessed stood in great fear and reverence.     The only other option is to submit to the world and believe that your mind has failed of either physical or mental illness, in which case if you believe that then,  seek the worlds help now, maybe will fix you claiming by their power, lock you up claiming as a result of your own defect or you will die and they will proclaim that this is the will of God.  Good luck, this is the world they live in.  If you choose the option given in the beginning and you begin to hear and see, please share the good news with me will you.  Be not afraid, only believe.  God be with you alway.