Hemeroids
I"ve had hemeroids for some time, but now I have this big bulbous thing on my anus that makes it very uncomfortable to sit. I'm worried it might be a tumor or someting, as it's big and round and outside the anus. Can I do anything for this besides the obvious?
Yes, If you have insurance I would request for a colonoscopy. I had hemeroids also with some bleeding. I finally got a colonoscopy in Oct 2010 and found out I had a polyp 6mm. The test results came back positive for precancerous colon cancer. So, to be on the safe side I would have this looked at asap.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
It can be prolapsed hemorrhoid. Push it back and see if it helps. There are hemorrhoidal creams available in the market which you can apply. This may help reduce the swelling. Sit in a tub of warm water for 10 mins at least twice a day. Increase fiber in your diet. Eat lots of fresh fruits, vegetables, oats, porridge etc. Good sources of fiber are fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. In addition you can try bulk stool softener such as psyllium (Metamucil) or methylcellulose (Citrucel).
Having said this, an anal lump can be a skin tag, a benign rectal tumor, a rectal polyp, a rectal abscess, genital wart or a hematoma.
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Take care!
You really need to have the problem treated, either by conventional surgery or the laser procedure. It isn't going to get better and results in the loss of a small amount of blood every day which causes weakness, anemia, and a degradation of the quality of life.