Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Hemorrhoids or something else?

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Hemorrhoids or something else?

I discovered a bump on my anus when I was taking a shower a few weeks ago.  I looked in a mirror as I squatted, and saw a white looking bump- appeared to come from anus.  Dr. couldn't find anything by looking.   I felt this for about a week, looked again squatted over a mirror and the bump seemed to be right behing my anal opening by a fraction of an inch.   Now I looked again and it appears once more to be a  pale bump coming from my anal opening.  When it appears visible, I suffer from gas, upper and lower.  Also, I get nauseous feelings and a feeling of fullness and needing to have a BM.   Is it a hemorrhoid or possibly something else.   There is not much pain, just feel inflamed in the anal area.   I do not want to have painful tests to check for hemorrhoids.    I understand they can be checked by a rectal exam by a GI doctor, or that he may perform a proctoscope.  All replies appreciated.  I do have IBS, but never anything like this bump associated with it, and also no nausea.
The anus has many surrounding glands. It is not uncommon for a gland to become blocked and form an abcess (abscess). It is likely a harmless condition. If it does not resolve on its own then it may need to be drained. On the other hand it's contents could become infected and spill into the blood stream. You may have a fever, nausea and abdominal pain. Definately see a doctor if you have fever, chills and pain accompanied by abnormal bowel patterns.
it could be anal herpes..an ingrown hair, hemorrhoid etc..thing is its hard to tell when it comes to genital area..with you getting nausea..how bad or frequent is nausea..are you sexually active..
Nausea is gone.  It was sort of off and on for about 3 weeks.  Could be a coincidence that the bump came up at this time, because I'm at the doctor's frequently and could have caught something that made me nauseous.   Worrisome because I seldom have nausea.  I'm not sexually active at my age, not prone to ingrown hairs.    Thank you for your reply.