Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Hernia or Cyst or ???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Hernia or Cyst or ???

I've had a lot of dull pain in my right ovary over the past few months.  The pain runs down my leg at times and is closer to my inner thigh and groin.  I experience some swelling, but it is minor.  The pain lasts throughout the day and worsens when I am not well rested or when I have eaten a full meal.  When getting a pap smear and pelvic exam my gynecologist suspected that it might be a hernia.

I recently got an ultrasound.  It showed no cysts or hernias; what appeared to be healthy ovaries.  I noticed that my pain intensified during the 2 weeks leading up to my period.  

I identify as transgender and have been taking a low dose of Testosterone (30mg weekly) for the past 8 months.  I am taking testosterone to also stop my period, I've had problems with endometriosis and cysts in the past.  I'm wondering if I am having so much pain because my ovaries have not completely shut off ?  I really don't know what it could be at this point.  Is there something that would not show up in the ultrasound that I need to be aware of?

Thanks,
Y
it coould be back pain.  you may want to look into talking to a doctor because some of my groin pain is caused by my lower back pain.  good luck
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Lower right abdomen pain is commonly due to appendicitis. The pain, can at times come and go and not give the classic picture. Crohn’s disease, diverticulitis, infection in kidney, kidney stones (possibly missed on ultrasound), constipation, ovary involvement in women (cysts, hemorrhage, tumor, torsion-all ruled out in your case), ectopic pregnancy in women (ruled out), mesentry (a thin tissue that carries the blood, nerves and lymphatics for the intestine) involvement with low blood supply, enlarged lymphnodes, and an abscess in rectus abdominis muscle or psoas muscle (these two are unlikely is there is no localized patch of heat or lump) can all cause lower right abdomen pain. It can also be due to inguinal hernia (check this out as position wise it is a likely cause). Other than that at times pelvic inflammatory disease causes a lower abdominal pain along with a pelvic pain.
I think you should discuss these possibilities with your doctor. It is difficult to comment beyond this without examining. A comprehensive investigation is required keeping all the points in mind. Take care!