Hernia or Scar Tissue??
I have pain/discomfort in my left groin, area between my testicles and anus, and left butt cheek. Also have experienced nausea, mild fever, fatigue, and sexual dysfunction. Symptoms seem to come from lifting weights. Also noticed that when I have a "flare up", urination seems to ease discomfort. I've been to my doctor twice who physically checked me for a hernia and gave me a prostate exam. He prescribed me 10 days worth of Cipro, thinking it might be a prostate infection, but it doesn't seem to be working. Also getting my testosterone checked on Saturday. Doc also referred me to a surgeon because it may be scar tissue from undescended testicle surgery when I was a kid. Could it be that my bladder is pushing on the scar tissue? How do I know for sure it isn't a hernia? Any other ideas?
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The symptoms can be due to Pudendal nerve entrapment (PNE) in which the pudendal nerve (located in the pelvis) is entrapped or compressed. Pain is worsened by sitting, and there is a sense of a foreign object (constant urge to urinate) in the urethra. In addition to pain, symptoms can include sexual dysfunction, impotence, anal and urinary incontinence. Prostatitis-like urogenital pain and urination problems are the hall mark of pudendal neuropathy. Diagnosis is by diagnostic block, MRI, CT scan, and Pudendal Nerve Motor Latency Test (PNMLT). Please consult a neurologist. Take care!
I've looked into PDE, but I don't get pain from sitting down. I really wish I could figure this out so that I could get back in the gym.
Sounds like a problem I had in 2000. I was cutting firwood all weekend long in Eastern Oregon. I came home on a Sunday night and when I woke up on Monday morning the pain was like nothing I had felt. I went to the er... My Urethra had wrapped around the testical causing a hernia. Contact a local uroligist and have them look you over.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.