Hernia or normal
Well I didn't know where to ask this but I have a simple question probably hard to diagnose over the web. Above my belly button, well almost a part of the ring around the bellybutton. If I push on the top part around my belly button something sort of moves around. Its not a hard lump its skinny and its pretty soft. Is that what everyones belly button feels like or can that be a hernia. I only ask this because I cannot really remember feeling this but then again it may have always been there. Please help sorry if my question is confusing it's been a long day.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
The belly button has a dip along with a ring of soft tissue. This ring is more prominent in some than in others either due to more soft tissue mass or due to a deeper- dip. You need to consult a doctor who can examine you and see if this is normal.
Other than this—yes an umbilical hernia initially feels soft. However, this may not be present all around as a ring. Also usually there is a pulsation felt on coughing if you place your palm above it while coughing. It can even be a skin tag—again this will be a localized thing.
Please consult your PCP for primary examination.
Take care!
It's normal for bellybuttons to move like what you described. Rarely it's hernia.