Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Hernias, abnormal bleeding, elevated amylase & RBC??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Hi, I am a 26 female. Past medical history is pretty extensive & includes - SVT (repaired by catheter ablation), left sided ovarian vein thrombosis, multiple kinds "oscopy" surgeries, septisemia resulting from surgery, chronic urinary tract infections ( since childhood) & ovarian cysts.
  I have been getting hernias(?) in my abdomen for the past 6 months or so. One is to the left of my naval and the other is just under my rib cage to the left. They will pop up when I cough or move the wrong way, I can push them back in, but they are really really painful when they are popped out. Sometimes it will take up to 10 minutes for me to massage it back in. I have had blood work done ( 3 tests in 2 months)  that shows slightly elevated amylase levels & RBC. I started to get other symptoms about the same time that the hernias started, abnormal vaginal bleeding, hot & cold flashes, very shaky hands & excessive sweating to the point that I wake up in the morning completely soaked through my sheets. I don't know if any of these things are related, just that they all started in and around the same time. Any ideas, insights or similar experiences would be very appreciated.
Thanks,
Ashley
1 Comment
Hi Ashley
I can see you are unwell and seeking answers!
The symptoms of shakiness, sweating, hot and cold flashes could be due to overactive thyroid gland. In hyper thyroid states the menstrual cycle is generally light or absent. What is the abnormal bleeding in your case? If it is intermittent vaginal bleeding it could be due to ovarian cyst, fibroid in uterus or endometriosis. Abnormal bleeding could also be due to hormonal disturbances. The hernias need to be examined by a doctor. Generally there is a weakness in the muscle wall through which internal organs protrude out.

Hope this helps. I think you should discuss this with your doctor. You may need to undergo blood tests to rule out hyperthyroidism and hormonal disturbances and ultrasound to rule out endometriosis and fibroid. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!