High Eosinophils
A few days ago I was singing with my school choir at our holiday concert and I passed out.  I've never passed out before and so I didn't think it was anything medical but I went to the doctor to check anyway.
All of my tests came back normal but my eosinophils were high.
When the count should have been about 3, it was 12.
This got me worried because of course eosinophils are related with allergies but they're also related with leukemia.
And to add to this worry, I have an osteochondroma (a bone growth).
I was just wondering if any of these things might be connected and if I should be worried or not.
Thanks for your help.
Thanks for the post!
Eosinophilic granuloma is the only bony tumor that arises from the vertebrae of children. You will need to ask your orthopedic doctor regarding this.

Yes, high eosinophils are found in allergies and leukemia, but they are also found in parasitic infestations like round worm, ring worm, tape worm etc. Worms are common in school goers and a simple stool test can detect them. Some autoimmune diseases too raise the eosinophil counts like eosinophilic fasciitis.

It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage. Please consult your doctor and get yourself investigated for the cause of the high count. There is no need to panic, but yes, you must get to the root cause. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!

Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.