Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
High fever and high white blood cell count with no answers...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

High fever and high white blood cell count with no answers...

I have an almost 6 year old daughter who over the last few years has had numerous high fevers with a high white blood cell count with no other symptoms of signs of infection.  March 2009 she had a fever that went from 103.2 to 108 in less than 15 minutes.  She was hospitalized for 5 days and they never found anything.  She has been checked for UTI.  Everything is always negative.  Any ideas of what could cause this would be helpful.  I am tired of worrying of what will happen if I don't catch a fever in time.  
Related Discussions
4 Comments
Blank
351246_tn?1379685732
Hi
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Elevated WBC or leukocytosis and fever may be caused by several conditions including bacterial infection, inflammation, leukemia, lymphoma, trauma, use of certain drugs (steroids, antiseizure medications), myeloproliferative disorders of the bone marrow (chronic myelogenous leukemia, polycythemia vera, myelofibrosis, essential thrombocythemia), inflammatory bowel disorders (Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis), burns or stress (physical or emotional).  Depending on your daughter’s symptoms further evaluation will be required.
Do discuss this with your doctor and get yourself examined. Try and consult an infectious disease doctor and a hematologist. Hope this helps. Take care!
Blank
1510258_tn?1290472381
wbc more than 18,000?,family have history of leukemia?
Anyways that also happens in  a systemic viral infection,or maybe you're little girl has just low immune system,boost her with vitamins that are appropriate for her.
My sister also have recurrent fever and was diagnosed with SVI,there's no treatment for it ,only symptomatic

Hope this helps.
Blank
WBC has been between 16,000 and 25,000  No history of leukemia.  Other than the fever and wbc  she is never sick.  she has only had the flu once and that is it other than small colds.  And even when she gets the fevers she is still happy and smiling.  The only time she gets crabby is when the fevers hit about 103.5..
Blank
Can I start having test and stuff done now?  Or do I need to wait for the next round of fevers?
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank