High level of creatinine in blood
I am 24 years old with wight of 91kg with atheletic body. The creatinine in blood level is 4.5 mg/dl and blood uria nitrogen (BUN) 25 mg/dl. How to reduce both these levels? Please advise.
Welcome to the forum!
Since creatine is chemically converted to creatinine in the body, food rich in creatine should be avoided. Dietary creatine is found mostly in meat, fish and other animal products. Hence you must take less of these.
High creatinine is also seen in kidney involvement in diabetes, glomerulonephritis or kidney infection. Hence these must be ruled out. Bleeding in the gut too can increase creatinine level, hence a stool test for occult blood should be done.
The BUN is only marginally high and will come down once the creatinine levels come down.
Hope this helps. Do let me know if there is any thing else and keep me posted. Take care!