Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
High triglicerides(triglycerides) and scared!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Hi, I just got my cholesterol blood work back today and I am a bit concerned. I am a 35 year old female that just recently (2 weeks ago) quit smoking, I had smoked for 20 years. My good cholesterol was low, my bad cholesterol was good, and my triglicerides (triglycerides) were high! They should be under 150 and they were 254! Is this odd? I am scared! I suffer from anxiety and panic too, so I am working myself allup over this and of course looking stuuf up online and getting more scared!! The results read "satisfactory" my overall level was 196. It says if it is under 200 it is ok, but the triglicerides (triglycerides) are scaring me!! Any advice?
My sister's triglycerides were 900.  Doctor put her on meds. but it made her sick to her stomach.  So she went off the medication. She has brought her triglycerides down and is now controlling them through diet and exercise.  She gave up all sweets, sugar/products and alcohol.
Her triglycerides are pretty good now.  My triglycerides go a tweak height sometimes and I can control or brining it down with cutting out sweets and all sugars/products. Last test my triglycerides were 97.

Give it a try but be truthful and faithful - that is no cheating ;)

Good Luck.  

GL
I have high triglycerides level too. Mine is about 489. Also, my calcium level in at the high end of normal. You might need to ask your doctor to test your hormone levels. I was tested and they found my testosterone level was high. Then I was refer to an endo. He gave me glucose tolerance test. It turned out that I have insulin resistence or what they called PCOS. I watch my diet and exercise all the time. I am not overweight, but my mid section is a little bigger. My doctor prescribe me Metformin. I am suppose to check my levels again in three months. Hope this helps.
Thank you so much for responding! I have a call in to my doctor now too because my calcium levels are at the high end of normal, I do not even drink milk so I am confused.

I do not understand the whole trigliceride thing, I am not overweight, I do not drink and I watch what I eat. I think I will have them retest in a few months after I have been not smoking for a period of time, maybe that will help.

You r comment that you did not think it was too uncommon to have these results made me feel better, thanks!
Thank you for responding to my post! I already do watch what I eat, I am not a big sweet eater, I do however like my pasta and breads. I will definately take your advice in more excercise and diet. I am not overweight but I did used to be very active in arobics until a few years ago when my father-in-law passed, I fell off the  wagon and have not gotten back on yet, I do however plan on going back the beginning of October.

Thank you for sharing yours and your sisters situations with me, this makes me feel more at ease. I do not know what has happened to me this year but for some reason any little thing that is not perfect I am online searching my symptoms and I always convince myself I have some form of Cancer!!

Like I said in the above post, I now am upset because my calcium levels are on the high end of normal and I do not drink milk or take supplements. And of course when I look up calcium levels...what comes up??? CANCER!! UGG

Thanks again :-)
Wow, thank you for responding. That is exactly me. Within the past year my hips and thighs and belly have decided to get some girth...enough to make me mad because irregardless of what I do, it just stays put! I will most definately take your advice and have my hormone levels checked.

Thanks again:-)
I just got the news that my triglicerides (triglycerides)  are over 500. No one here mentions any symptoms.  I have been lethargic , light headed, cold, and have had stomach pains. Has anyone experience any of these symptoms ? Working on the diet, but when you say all sugar does that include honey ,and natural sugars as in fruits ? This is all so depressing.
Thank you, Dee
i actually viewed this page in search of answers, but felt compelled to comment. my cholesterol levels were within limits, with the exceptiom of my hdl [good cholesterol] being a few point low- but my triglycerides were at 31! - normal range is 0 to 150. now, my dietary habbits kinda suck, and i'm normal weight, if not a bit under- but along with this blood work-up, they did some other lab work, and it turns out that my EBV [epstein-barr virus] markers wee through the roof! now, at this point, neither me or my doctor has determined a cause/effect scenario, but i wouldn't be surprised if th ebv was an underlying cause for the abnormalities in my lipid panel. i'll post any further developments.
correction- the triglycerides are 331, not 31
I'm a 33yr old female with children.. My doctor says my trigs are 330 and my  cholesterol level is 265 I'm very worried its been a year and I've been slacking a little.. But doing better than before.. My mom just had a triple bipass and now I'm terrified... I started a diet plan..and started walking in a fast speed to sweat.. I weight 156 and 5'2 tall.. Do you think I will be okay.. Please help me get through this.. Thank you!!! And hope everyone gets better from this too.
I'm a 33yr old female and found out during the summer that my trigs and  cholesterol were really high..my
Trigs are 386 and my cholesterol is  285.. I didn't do much to help it.. Now my mom just had a triple bipass and I'm terrified..I don't want to put my children through what I felt seeing my mom this way.. I'm ready for a change.. Do you think I have a chance to get better from this if I do the right thing!? Cause I'm ready.. It is a scary thing and hope everyone gets through this.. Good luck to all!!! Some feedback please..