High white blood cell count
Hi all;
I recently made a visit to a doctor because I thought that I might have had low blood iron. After doing a blood work up we found out that this was not the problem. It was discovered that I have an elevated white blood cell count but he does not know why. I was told to just take a couple of days off of work and come back if it gets worse.  Symptoms that I am exhibiting include: chronic fatigue, muscle and joint pain, as well my breasts are continuously itchy.(It is not like a skin itchy, more like it is in the tissue) I have been feeling like this for about 4 months now and it is just frustrating because I feel that it is not normal. I do not like to sound like a hypochondriac, so I do not want to press the issue with my doctor. Any clues to why I am feeling like this would be helpful.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
A high white blood cell count indicates an infection in the body or an inflammatory process. So if you have joint pains then conditions such as hypothyroidism, low Vitamin D levels, Low Vit B12 levels, anemia, Hasimotos thyroiditis, gout (can sometimes cause multiple joint pain), rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, SLE, electrolyte disturbance particularly those involving calcium and magnesium, parathyroid gland problems, chondrocalcinosis and chronic fatigue syndrome should be ruled out. I suggest you consult a rheumatologist. Most of these conditions can also cause muscle pain and fatigue.
Hope this helps. Take care!

Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.