Hip Pain
Left hip pain in center of buttock, currently being treated for lymphoma. May 05 xray found fractured pelvic. One doctor saw boney lesions. The pelvic is supposed to heal once the cancer is gone. I've had six chemo treatments so far. In 1996, I was disabled from traction, had lower back surgery in 99. The surgery helped some. What is causing the aching pain? I am in bed 22 hours a day except when I drive to the doctor and pharmacy. One doctor said it was Fibromyalgia.
Look up scaroiliitis (yes it really has two letter i's in a row) , and ankylosing spondylitis. Sacroiliitis can cause back pain in the buttock just like you describe. Ankylosing Spondylitis can cause the bony outgrowths on the vertebrae.
If you look up the "trigger" (or "tender") points for fibromyalgia, you'll see that that is one of them. Sometimes I have to have my boyfriend make a fist and move it around on my buttock to help it, but CAUTION! You'll jump out of your skin at first when someone does, so tell them to be gentle.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.