Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Hip Pain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hip Pain

Left hip pain in center of buttock, currently being treated for lymphoma. May 05 xray found fractured pelvic. One doctor saw boney lesions. The pelvic is supposed to heal once the cancer is gone. I've had six chemo treatments so far. In 1996, I was disabled from traction, had lower back surgery in 99. The surgery helped some. What is causing the aching pain? I am in bed 22 hours a day except when I drive to the doctor and pharmacy. One doctor said it was Fibromyalgia.
Related Discussions
-6 Comments
Blank
Look up scaroiliitis (yes it really has two letter i's in a row) , and ankylosing spondylitis. Sacroiliitis can cause back pain in the buttock just like you describe. Ankylosing Spondylitis can cause the bony outgrowths on the vertebrae.
Blank
If you look up the "trigger" (or "tender") points for fibromyalgia, you'll see that that is one of them. Sometimes I have to have my boyfriend make a fist and move it around on my buttock to help it, but CAUTION! You'll jump out of your skin at first when someone does, so tell them to be gentle.
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
242532_tn?1269553979