Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Hives caused by muscle soreness/damage

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Hives caused by muscle soreness/damage

5555301?1270855916
Although I've struggled with hives over the past 25 years, I've had two more bouts recently. In each of these cases, I pulled a muscle and severe hives originated at the site of the pull (in the last case, my hamstring) - between 18-36 hours after working out. So it's quite clear they are related to muscle damage. I read that when a muscle is damaged, an enzyme called CK or Creatine Kinase is released. I'm wondering if I could be allergic to that and I'm having a histamine reaction to the enzyme... or perhaps it's simply a reaction to the muscle damage. These hives are terrible and even with significant dosage every 4 hours, they come and go for a week every time I get them. Any ideas?
Have you ever been tested for autoimmune diseases?  

A loved one of mine is allergic to the bacteria from his own sweat and that can make him break out.
A lot of auto-immune diseases can give hives,
Maybe you should go to the GP, and get some bloods done for ANA, DNA, thyroid and a full blood count.
I have auto-immune thyroid disease, and hives are a recurrent thing in my disease.
Also have an IGE blood test which may indicate an allergy whats causing the hives.
Wishing you well
Oh by the way apple cider vinegar baths are good for hives.
Nicola