Hole in my skin behind my ear. Yuck!
I have had crusty, nasty skin problems behind both of my ears  from the onset of puberty. What happened today however went above and beyond the normal nastiness I'm accustom to. What I thought was a small patch of dry, flaky skin turned out to be what I would consider, a giant sized blackhead. When I attempted to remove the "dry skin," it was like pulling a cork out. A cork made of dead skin and who knows what else. The three pieces that I managed to eradicate, were thicker than pencil lead and had a combined length was about 1/2". Now there's a hole in the crease where my left earlobe joins my jaw. Should I have this looked at? Is there something I can do to ensure it doesn't come back? Thanks.
Welcome to the forum!
The dry flaky thing that looked like black heads could have been moles. They could also have been infected hair follicles. There is a chance that the flakes were due to seborrhagic dermatitis, eczema or due to psoriasis. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage without examining the dry flaky thing. Please consult a skin specialist. Without diagnosis it is difficult to comment about what can be done to prevent it.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!
Thank you for your response. It was only like a blackhead only in the way its formed. The color of what came out was fleshy. All three "pieces" came out of the same opening in my skin. The masses I was able to pull and squeeze out, kind of looked like Earth core samples. Thanks for your impute and I apologize for the grotesque content of my posting.