Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Horrible pain almost 2 weeks after laparoscopic appendectomy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I had a laparoscopic appendectomy 11 days ago, I was feeling much better after about a week of surgery. The last few days, however, I have developed a horrible pain in the lower left quadrant of my abdomen. It feels like a burning pain with pressure, also the pain gets sharp and increases from going from sitting to standing or vice versa, and even worse when I cough or sneeze.
Because of this pain I have returned to the ER the last two days, they have ruled out infection and did a CT scan with both oral and IV contrast. The first day the ER diagnosed me with an Ileus bowel obstruction and gave me meds to try and more things along. The next day, and 4 bowel movements later, the pain has yet to subside and was significantly worse, a 9 out of 10 on the pain scale (even after taking the norco 10/325 that was prescribed by my dr). The DRs at the ER reluctantly diagnosed me this time with scar tissue and/or nerve damage and sent me home with paperwork for abominal pain - cause uncertain.
They told me to see my surgeon ASAP, however, I have a seizure disorder and no form of transportaion. Also, today is New Years Day and the surgery clinic and my regular Dr's office are closed. The pain is just as bad and I can barely walk. I don't know what to do, other than return to the ER which I am very hesitant to do seeing as they don't seem too concerned with finding out what is causing all this, instead they seem to be content with pumping me full of narcotic pain meds and sending me on my way. This is all fine and well for short term, but doesnt solve anything. I also dont want to return to the ER seeing as I live in a remote town in the mountains which is a huge tourist attraction for its ski resorts and the ER is always cramped with so many people with skiing injuries. Both ER visits took 10+ hours a piece.
What should I do?
it sound like obstruction in the bowel i would go straight er as fast as ya can
they are saying there is no infection but you have oain and it is umcomfortable for you more than you can handle, see amother doc something else is going on,then as for specialist and also they are telling you to see one asap, get your butt to emerceny and make them call in the specialist or obviously the er doctor does not know what going on
A surgeon should have an answering service and somebody on call that you can talk to.  They tell you what to do.  They may want to see you for an appt or meet you in the ER.  Call.  That's what they have an on-call surgeon for.  

I am assuming this is in the U.S.  I can't speak for other countries.