Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Hot flashes at a young age...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hot flashes at a young age...

maybe someone can help me...  I am 29yrs old, female and get hot flashes very often.  2-3 times a day.  I keep well hydrated.  Also my feet, ankles and lower legs swell as do my hands/fingers.  I also get headaches, mainly left side.  I have been diagnosed with Autoimmune Hepatitis.  Are all of these symptoms part of it...???
Related Discussions
3 Comments
Blank
I don't know about the Hep. but you may want to have your hormones tested I've heard of people going into menapause really early so you may want to be tested.  I used to get hot flashes while I was pregnant.  I had pregnancy induced hypoglycemia.  Maybe you are hypoglycemic???? Not really sure just a thought.  Good luck.
Blank
130737_tn?1214865065
Actually I am hypoglycemic, but i have never been pregnant.  can being hypoglycemic cause you to have hot flashes and swell?  
Blank
There are several things that can cause what you describe, as well as a "diagnosis" of autoimmune hepatitis. What is your diagnosis based on? Also, have your blood calcium and thyroid levels checked. Don't let them diagnose you with perimenopause ( that's probably next) because of the hot flashes...Just curious...Do you have any of these symptoms as well (not necesarily all)...frequent urination, frequent headaches, kidney pain or stones, unexplained gut pain, constipation, gall stones, back or pelvic pain, sleep problems, (already listed hot flashes) female hormone disturbances, face puffiness or leg edema, and/or heartburn? If so, check out hypercalcemia (high blood calcium)...I know quite a bit about hepatitis, but not about autoimmune hepatitis...Hepatitis is simply inflammation of the liver caused by a myriad of things..Usually viruses, but not always...
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Undiagnosed Symptoms Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank