Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Hot or burning sensation on back of neck.

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

There are times during the day when the back of my lower neck feels like it is burning or hot. It is not hot to the touch and isn't red.  There is no pain and I don't have any other simptoms.  It doesn't matter what the room temperature is.  It could be cold or warm.  It doesn't hurt to touch it or move it.
Avatar n tn
The burning sensation could be due to irritation of nerve endings. Poor posture for long periods of time can be the cause. This can be combated by: 1. changing your posture 2. applying heat 3. having a massage.
Avatar n tn
Go to a chiroprator that will help, getting the right adjustment will help that symptom go away. Really this will work.
A related discussion, back of neck burning heat was started.