Undiagnosed Symptoms Expert Forum
Hypoglycemia help
About This Forum:

Topics covered include , breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Hypoglycemia help

I am a 37 year old office worker sitting in front of a computer all day. A couple of months ago at work, about 1pm, before lunch i felt dizzy with blurred vision.  I stood up and almost fainted!  I had tingling sensations in my arms, i thought i was having a stroke or heart attack!  They called an ambulance, my blood pressure was 220/140 & they shipped me off to hospital.

They ran tests (bloods, CT+MRI+kidney+chest scans) but couldn't find anything.  They sent me home with BP medication.  The first few days at home were terrible, i had several episodes with severe shakes and my BP was high.  I couldnt really eat much - i felt terrible.  

Things slowly got better over a week.  I changed my diet and started eating breakfast every day.  I gave up alcohol and coffee.  I went back to work.  However i felt terrible most days. Tired, nausea, dizzyness and blurred vision (not as bad as that first episode).  The GP switched me from Coversyl to Noten and then to Micardis which i am on now.  

Episodes of dizzy spells continued.

Then it dawned on me, i sit at work for 3 to 4 hours without eating...  So i bought a blood glucose monitor.  Initially levels were normal however when i started feeling dizzy @ 11am the next day - i noticed glucose levels were 3.3mmol. It was only a mild dizzyness - about half as bad as the day before.  So I started eating more regularly.  Over several days the dizzyness stopped completely, which was amazing!  However today the dizzy spells resumed (still eating regularly) and i felt bad all day.  I think that first "attack" was possibly hypoglycemia?  By the time we got to the hospital perhaps my blood sugar returned to normal or close to it?  

My questions are:

1.  I've never eaten breakfast all my working life and never suffered this before, could this be hypo and why now?

2. Could this be a sign of another illness?

3. What tests should i have to rull them out?

Thanks