Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
I REALLY smell bad all the time! Please help me!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Hi everyone, I was hoping someone could help me figure out what this is. I noticed that I smell bad all the time, for the past few months. Like, I'll be sitting at school and then all of the sudden I start to smell like:
-feces
-intense body odor
- or popcorn
its usually always one of these. I dont know WHY this is happeing but its so frustrating. But it only last for a few seconds and then it goes away. And trust me I don't do anything to make it happen, it just happens randomly! And its not coming from a particular part of me, it just seems to be radiating off of my body or something I don't know. I'm in 9th grade so I've already gone through the biggest changes of puberty in middle school. And I shower, brush teeth, etc. so its not a hygiene problem. Oh and it seems to happen the worst when I'm in an environment with a lot of people and kind of crowded. And it never happens when I'm outside, its only in rooms. But thats worse because then its more trapped. I just hate and I want it to stop. And I think its worse in warm places too. I know its not just in my head because I hear people talking about it like "WHAT is this SMELL?" or "It smells gross in here" so I know that its for real please help me. I dont want the rest of highschool to be like this. Its stressin me out.
and if it sounds like its a particular condition please let me know.
Has anyone ever mentioned that they think it's you?  

I've got to say,  I'm a bit of a skeptic about this, and if you look down the board you'll also find others who believe they put off odd smells although most people can't smell them.  

Best wishes.
I'm not a sceptic at all - in a lot of cases this kind of thing is caused by undigested food in the intestine that is not moving through by the normal peristaltic action. It is gathered in a pocket and rotting, or the transit time is particularly slow and the rotting gasses are being siphoned off and excreted through the skin (that is why people smell like garlic after they have eaten a lot of it, and it's not their breath)  

All I can suggest is to make observations of when this is the worst, and remember what you ate about 3 days ago - then you'll be able to figure out what it is that you can't digest very well - and it may or may not be a food that you really enjoy, but probably something with a larger fat content than what you normally eat
I completely agree that having a body odor smell is very common,  and believable.  

What's unusual is this feeling that it comes and goes so quickly,  and that one of the main smells is popcorn,  which is one of the most common olfactory hallucinations.

Yes,  there are certainly people who have an odd odor!  Garlic,  urine,  feces,  bleach,  fruit,  fish,  etc.,  but it doesn't come and go quickly and only indoors.  And usually,  family and doctors are very quick to confirm that it's true and mention it to them.  

This sounds like a phantom odor to me,  and possibly an olfactory hallucination.
This may be phantosmia unless someone else can confirm that you do have an offensive or unusual body odor.

Phantosmia is an olfactory hallucination: perception of smell without an odor present. These imaginary smells can range from unpleasant to enjoyable. Causes include brain injury or seizures in the temporal lobe, various neurological disorders, overactive olfactory receptor neurons (ORNs), or the loss of inhibitory neurons brought on by a sinus infection or some other type of head cold.

I had a bout of phantosmia. In my case it was an electrical burning type smell that lasted for a few days. This was one of my various neurological symptoms due to Hashimoto's thyroiditis (autoimmune hypothyroidism) with bouts of hashitoxicosis (hyperthyroid flare ups).
thanks for the comment but I know its not phantosmia becuase people comment on the way I smell :(
You are what you eat! Just watch your diet, no garlic or anything with a strong smell. Google things not to eat if you don't want to stink;)