Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
I am 19 and I have intolerable pain all over

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Hello, I am a 19 years old girl who the quality of life just hit the wrong turn 5 month ago. About that long I started having a strong pain in my wrists that prevented me from being able to type (I am in computer science school) and function all around in my day as I lost strength in them. At the time I thought it was just an RSI or something, and wearing a splint in both hands usually helped. Though never to the point of relief, but any pressure on them give a temporary one.
It then progressed quite fast, in another month the pain has built up in my hands to the point of them being practically useless. It did not stop there, My neck started hurting real bad as well and I could no longer find sleep with it. I visited a neurologist who thought it might be carpal tunnel and I did a EMG but everything came out fine and I did not have carpal. Then my shoulders became very bad which is the case now. The pain in them feels as if they got chained together and my upper part of the back hurts alot. My arms due to the shoulder pain became very useless (no longer just the wrists) and they are often numb. What is even more weird is that I my knees are hurting alot as well and my ankles, though they do not compare to the neck and shoulder. The doctors can't tell why I am having so much pain and I can't live my life as it is.
During this period I had a blood test for Arthiritis and it came out negative as well. Though the doctors found out I was extremely anemic (to the point I would have needed blood transfusion if I neglected it for longer). Apart from the iron anemia I also had a deficiency in vitamin B. I have no idea if this is related to anything or not. Please help me with any pointers I would love to get ot the bottom of this.
rion,  this sounds like it may well be caused by your severe anemia.  Are they treating you for it?

The thing about iron deficiency anemia is as I understand it,  it  takes awhile for your iron stores to build up,  and then your body begins the task of replacing the red blood cells so it's not like within a week of taking iron you start to feel better.

Best wishes.

http://www.ehow.com/about_5616320_anemia-joint-pain.html
u have fibromyalgia    there r some new medications out for it now;  talk 2 your dr.  the pain can be unbearable......its nerves not hitting right in your muscles...i think.   I have it really  bad, especially when the barametric pressure falls with the whether changes...rain, etc.  Start noticing the changes that go on when you have a flare-up; sometimes it just stays for very long periods and then it may go away for awhile...talk 2 your dr.
Would Anemia really cause such a severe pain in my shoulder and neck? If it is then I will just tolerate it. But for me it always felt like a nerve pain cause I could feel like there is a string going through my shoulder. I am being treated with iron pills yes. Please I would love to verify it. The pain is really hindering my back.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Severe anemia can cause bone pain due to increased bone marrow activity. Correcting anemia is important in treating this pain.
Another possibility is fibromyalgia. Apart from fibromyalgia and anemia/ Vit B12 deficiency multiple joint pain is seen in hypothyroidism, low Vitamin D levels, Hashimotos thyroiditis, gout (can sometimes cause multiple joint pain), rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, SLE, electrolyte disturbance particularly those involving calcium and magnesium, parathyroid gland problems, chondrocalcinosis and chronic fatigue syndrome.
Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Take care!