Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
I fainted twice today within minutes in the bathtub full of water

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Earlier I took a bath and I stood up to do something I forget what for but all I remember is becoming light headed then leaning up against the bath tub wall for support then next thing I'm curled up leaning against my knees in the tub still full of water. I don't remember falling but while I was un concous I had a dream I forget what about but I remember it being hecktec very chaotic and something about a doctor or teacher or an adult trying to help me with something.
Anyways then I started coming to again and it was weird it happened slowly but it felt weird I can't explain because I forget how it dealt exactly I know I couldn't see until the light headedness was completely gone. I'm not sure how long I was unconscious for but it fealt like a minute or 2 though that doesn't make sence cause how would I know I were unconscious.
Then I stood up again not even a minute later and blacked out again though this time I didn't fall and I know it lasted about a minute cause I had looked at the time befor I stood up. Though of cours it could of only been 30 seconds it depends on how far into the minute it was when I looked at the time.

This has happened befor a couple times in the bathtub the other 2 times it happened after bathing were also on the same day but this was in the summer. One other time I think I fainted I got up from my bed cause my mum was calling me so I jumped out of my bed to get down stairs cause she seemed mad anyways I got to the top of the stairs and the next thing I know I'm on my knees if I had took one more step I would of fallen down the stairs. That was I think around febuary then 2 summers ago after talking to my dad for an hour on the phone I got up to put the phone away and I stood up to fast and my legs shook and I stopes the phone the shaking legs lasted about 30-60 seconds. I had no control over my body I was cometly aware of everything happening that time though the other times I wasn't. When I black out when I become aware of things around me well sounds cause at that point I can't see it takes about 20-40 seconds for everything to go back to normal.

What is this??? Can fainting be dangerous??? Should I be worried that I fainting somewhat often. Cause I read on the Internet that most people don't faint more than once I've fainted at least twice and I think I have fainted  

I am a 16 year old female
I have faited 5 times now
I meant I fainted twice for sure and I think I have fainted 5 times

Also earlier when I fainted when I fell, when I came to partly I waste really site were I was for like 10-15 seconds then I started realizing and I was thinking oh I'm in the bathtub but I had no idea what side of the bathtub I was in turned out I was at the front end cause I stood up to get something. Anyways thought it was important that I told you for like 10-15 seconds I wasent sure really were I was.

Is this serious???
I googled fainting from an earlier question so I just going to copied and paste what I wrote to the last girl..."Fainting is pretty common in teens. The good news is that most of the time it's not a sign of something serious.  When someone faints, it's usually because changes in the nervous system and circulatory system cause a temporary drop in the amount of blood reaching the brain. When the brain is robbed of its blood supply, a person loses consciousness and falls over. After lying down, a person's head is at the same level as the heart, which helps restore blood flow to the brain. So the person usually recovers after a minute or two."
Here's some more info on the above: http://kidshealth.org/teen/your_body/health_basics/fainting.html#

Do you find that you usually faint more during a certian time of the month?  Your iron levels could be low when you menstruate.  It is very important for females to have iron... if you don't take a multi-vitamin already, starting with a Women's multi-vitamin might be a good thing anyway regardless if it helps you with this situation :)

Have you gone to the Dr.?  It could be diabetes, low blood pressure, or you could be anemic, it could be heart arrhythmia, hypoglycemia, or even just dehydration... I don't mean to scare you with all these... they are all very treatable.
No I don't faint specifically during my monthly actually not sure if it's related but I've notices latly my period has been late. Not sure if it wo be this month expecting it next week but really it'll probably be at least a week or 2 late.

I mentioned dizziness to my doctor a couple weeks ago he didn't say anything though he didn't really give me the chance just over looked it.  
Your link doesn't work I tryed twice :(

It scares me that I've been fainting in the bath or getting out of the bath because fainting in the bath can be dangerous I could end up drowning. But indent want to give up baths I love baths and I don't like turning the fan on or opening the window during a bath cause if I do it makes the water cold and I find the warmness and steam relaxing.
What can I do???
If you copy and paste the link it should work for you:  
http://kidshealth.org/teen/your_body/health_basics/fainting.html#
Oh the reason I didn't think the link worked the first time was because I was already on the same page lol
The info that Stefoni gave you, Bran_Bran, is correct. Fainting in teens is rarely serious. Most often, it's caused by what's called a "vasovagal" response. This response, often triggered by a sudden fright or other stress, results in a drop in your heart rate and a widening of your blood vessels. When these things happen, your blood doesn't get enough blood and you faint. Standing up suddenly from a lying position can also result in fainting because your blood "falls" into your lower body and doesn't get to your brain. Also, hot baths can dilate/enlarge your blood vessels, again leading to blood falling into your your lower body, your blood pressure dropping and blood not getting to your brain. All the other things Stefoni wrote about---like anemia---are potential causes, too.

When fainting occurs repeatedly, however, it becomes more worrisome. In your case, Bran, where you've been dieting despite being at a normal weight/BMI, you could be having low blood sugar reactions, dehydration, or even chemical imbalances in your blood that are causing your heart to beat irregularly. Stefani is correct---all of these things are easily treatable---but untreated, they can be dangerous. You MUST see a doctor, Bran, to find out the cause of your fainting spells. Doing so would be a good chance for you to also discuss your weight, body image, depression and other issues you've discussed on MedHelp over the past few months and to ask for a referral to a specialist who could help you with those problems.

I suspect, Bran, that your fainting isn't terribly serious. But the most likely reasons behind it certainly are. And the results of it could be if you were to injure yourself in a fall during a fainting spell or fall into the water and not "come to" immediately. So, I really hope that you'll make an appointment to see your doctor to get to the bottom of ALL these issues.

Mary ("Sky")
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasovagal_response