Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
I feel full after a few bites of food.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I feel full after a few bites of food.

For the past five days, i have had a decreased appetite, and when I eat, I can only eat a few bites, in some cases only one, then I feel full and it's impossible for me to eat anymore. I have lost 2 kgs. I'm starving but I'm full at the same time. Help!
I have read about magnesium.  And the symptoms that you describe could possibly be that your body is too low on magnesium.  
Anaemia will also cause lack of appetite.

I do not know what the recommended dosage would be for you to take magnesium supplements, but as you are not eating enough, your body is not absorbing all the vitamins and minerals it requires to keep healthy.

There may be other reasons for your problem, so I would advise that see your doctor as soon as you can so that he can give you a medical as well as do blood tests.

Best wishes
Could it be that it's anxiety doing this decrease of appetite? i get the same symptoms and I totally loose my appetite altogether?
Have you been pooping normally?  Are you constipated?  Constipation can cause a lack of appetite, and it usually easily fixed.  Have you taken any new medications lately?  Have you tried eating small amounts spread over time?  Are you super stressed?  Sick?  There are a huge number of causes for a lack of appetite, and we can't tell you very much over the internet.  You should probably speak to your doctor about it, as they can question you in real time about what the cause could be, and help you fix it.
No I am not constipated, or sick, or stressed. Yes I have tried eating small amounts over time but no it doesn't work. Thanks for the help though :)

Best wishes
Thanks for the help, I am going to see a doctor soon, it is getting pretty bad, I have now lost 6 kilos since last friday.
I do hope the doctor can find the problem so that it can be resolved quickly.
6 kilos is lot in one week.  

If I lost that much, a lot of people wouldn't even notice it on me.  I am trying to lose, but am having difficulty.  But even I would be worried sick if I lot such a lot of weight in one week.

Let me know how you get on.

Best wishes.

I would also investigate the possibility of a blockage in your intestinal tract. Tell me, are you hungry? Do you eat because you are hungry or do you eat because you are supposed to?
I eat because I am hungry then get full after one bite, that is my problem
I will, it's bad for me because I am only 17, and weighed 59 and now weigh 53, and I am 156 cm tall.

I will let you know how it goes
You are dangerously below the weight for your age and height.

It appears that you may be anorexic.  I know you are trying to eat and there is something very wrong, whether physically or mentally.

Please see your doctor for help as soon as possible.
Well, her BMI is still 21.8, which is not yet seriously underweight.  But I agree, AmeliaCoxsen, you need to see a doctor soon who will listen to you, because that much weight loss with not wanting to eat is scary.  Start recording your weight to show the doctor how fast you've been dropping, and keep a diary of what you're eating so they can get an idea of your diet.  And please be honest with them, whatever feelings you have around the not eating and losing weight.  
I did not worked out Amelia's BMI.
Amelia is 17, height of 156cm weight 53.  I am not clear if this is in pounds or in kilograms.

If the weight is in kilograms which works out at 116.8 pounds then Amelia's weight would be classed as normal with a BMI of 21.92 which is in the normal range.    But even if this is a normal weight, Amelia's eating habits are not normal and is very unhealthy.  There is not enough nourishment, vitamins and minerals in the diet to sustain a healthy body, healthy hair and nails and bones, menstrual cycles will also stop.

The eating habits are that of an anorexic.
I assumed kg, since she lives in Australia and gave her height in cm.  I don't think she'd be alive if it were in pounds (it would be a BMI of 10--yikes!).  I agree that the eating patterns are worrying, but there are medical causes of a lack of appetite or early satiety that are not anorexia nervosa.  I'm worried that it's one of those, because she hasn't mentioned an obsession with losing weight, and in fact seems worried about it.  I don't think someone with anorexia nervosa would have come here for help in the first place if their weight loss scheme was working so well.  Just my $0.02, but a proper exam and history is the first step anyway.

Amelia, please keep us updated on how you are doing.
I went to the doctor today and they are unable to identify what is wrong. But the good thing is I managed to eat a whole meal today.
That is brilliant news.
I am surprised that the doctor didn't do a blood test though to rule out anaemia.

Best wishes
Just letting you know, I'm getting better, gained 3 kilos back but can't seem to gain any more, I am slowly eating more and more each day. Thanks for your help xx
Well done Amelia,

Thanks for letting us know how you are getting on.
Wishing health all the best