Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
I get a pain in between my legs when I sit

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

When I sit down I get a pain in between my legs. The pain gets worse the longer I sit. Notsitting down makes the pain less. It is not my prostrate. The muscles at the back of my legs feel tight. I also have a low back pain.

This discussion is related to Pain between my legs and genitals.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
Low back pain can be due to muscle pull/strain. However there are other causes too. Pressure on the lumbar nerves can cause pain due to spondylotic changes in vertebrae, degenerative bone disease, herniated disc, bone disease, cancer or TB of the vertebra or bad posture. Kidney problems, stones in the urinary tract and colitis or IBS are the other possibilities. Tailbone pain or coccydynia or coccygodynia is caused by the coccyx (the last vertebra) dislocating when you sit. It is often caused by falling backwards or high pressure jerks. In about a third of cases the cause of pain is not known. Use a well-padded seat or air tubes when sitting. Avoid long periods of sitting in one posture. Anti inflammatory drugs, pain killers, local analgesic creams all help to some extent. Some benefit by local steroid injection at the site of the pain.
If all these conditions are ruled out then it could be the starting of Pudendal nerve entrapment (PNE) in which the pudendal nerve (located in the pelvis) is entrapped or compressed. Pain is worsened by sitting, and there is a sense of a foreign object (constant urge to urinate) in the urethra. In addition to pain, symptoms can include sexual dysfunction, impotence, anal and urinary incontinence. Prostatitis-like urogenital pain and voiding are the hallmark of pudendal neuropathy. Diagnosis is by diagnostic block, MRI, CT scan, and Pudendal Nerve Motor Latency Test (PNMLT).
Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Take care!
Have a doctor do an mri for your sciatic nerve. It is in the lower back and can cause pain down the legs particulary when sitting. If not really bad then when sitting put the foot up on a stool on the side that hurts. It takes the pressure off the nerve.