Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
I have a cyst and im frightend..

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I have a cyst and im frightend..

So about a year ago i had this big egg shapped lump on my back its just below where my bra stap sits, i got put on antibiotics and it went down, and about 4 months ago its started to come back. I have also done some research on the internet and i've come to the conclusion it is deffinatly a limpoma. I've never been more scared in my life, Apparently they just get bigger and bigger?! and the only  way to get ridd of them is surgery, Im terrified of going under. i don't know what to do im litterally to scared to do anything at the moment. Can anyone telll me if they're is another way of getting rid of them? Please?
Tags: Cyst
  • Wound Hardening (1 replies):
    Not completely burn relevant but wound relevant- after g...[more]
  • wound healing (2 replies):
    i had surgery about 2 years ago my stomach was left open...[more]
  • lump (4 replies):
    Hi i have a hard lump under my skin on the back of my ne...[more]
  • chest wound (1 replies):
    i am a 46 yr old male. approx. 1 year ago while working ...[more]
  • HELP (6 replies):
    I have a open wound on my leg and it will stop leaking. ...[more]
it could also be lymph edema in either case since it came back i would have it removed. it could turn into cancer and that would be a lot worse problem to attempt to deal with. i know the thought of surgery is scary, but if you get it now it's a simple procedure.
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
If the lump went down with antibiotics then it cannot be a lipoma which is collection of fat. It can be an infected cyst or a hair follicle infection or an abscess or a tubercular abscess. You need to show this to a skin specialist and get a fine needle aspiration cytology done to find what the lump is. If it is tubercular, then it will need medical treatment for 6-9 months. If it is abscess or boil, it will need to be drained. It it is a cyst, it will need to be excised. Often doctors do a CT scan for diagnosis.
Please consul
Why have you not had a doctor look at it?  That should be the 1st thing to do. Its better to know what it is than to think of the worst.  My sister and daughter have had these. They are abcesses. Only one needed to be surgically removed. In most cases...a local is given around the area and drainage of the infection. Some wounds may require packing (needs to be looked at everyday for a week or until packing has been totally removed) and intravenous antibiotics (needing to be administered 3 times a day for a week or so). This was the case for my daughter. My sister applied hot compresses to the area until it came to the surface and began draining. I'm sure she went to the doctor and received antibiotics...just not the IV type.
The reason some wounds need "packing"...this allows the inside of the wound to continue draining before the outer skin heals shut. It, basically will heal from the inside out, so as not to form a "hollow" area inside, that can just get re-infected.  Its kinda gross, but you really need to have it taken care of. If left untreated...you could end up with a more serious infection that affects your blood.
PLEASE, see a doctor. In some cases...it may not be "ripe" enough to be drained and antibiotics will be given and instructions on how to ease the discomfort.
I wish you the best in clearing up this thing! I bet it hurts  :(
Weffette