I have a lump beside my ear and doctors can not determine what it is.
I found a lump about 10 years ago, it was about the size of a penny and it hurt when i touch it.  I went to the doctor to have it checked and they told me it was an infected lymph node.  8 years later, i noticed that the lump was still there and it trippled in size.  i went back to the doctor and they did an CT Scan and performed a biopsy on the lump and still did not find anything.  now, the lump grew and it hurts more than ever.  i am tired of going to the doctors office because they are not able to find what is causing the lump.  I am worried though.  Anyone have any ideas? Thank you in advance!
go to a new doctor random lumps are not normal, i had a bad experience with a doctor who misdiagnosed me and "nothing" turned out to be a foot ball size tumor. If it hurts that should be reason enough to  get it cut off.