Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
I have redness, peeling, soreness, dark permanent spots on penis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

For a few years now I've been having these problems and they don't seem to be disappearing. I've seen several doctors and nothing but simple stuff like it's a rash or it's stress and it should go away in a week. I'm 27 years old and have had unprotected sex 3 times in my life. Since I was about 18 I noticed I after intercourse I would have some red irritation on my penis, and sometimes out of nowhere they'll also appear, which would then dry up and start to flake and become peel able. When I took a shower the skin would moisten and fall off and the shaft of my penis would be really red and sore. After I dry here comes the dead skin again. some of it flaky and some of it like glue. One weird thing I notice is only get these irritations under the head and above my circumcision line and the skin is like a lot lighter than the rest but after these irritations disappear in about 3 to 6 weeks it leaves a dark red patch and some are even black like a birthmark but flat with no particular shape under my skin ...I have no problems urinating at all. And if I put any moisturizers or lotions it makes it burn even more. I would like to know what could it be and what could I do about it? I'm married and last night my wife of 3 years and I had intercourse and my penis is clear from outbreaks right now but I had a very bad burning feeling that once again left red blotches all over my penis, and I'm worried whatever I might have might've passed to her now. Any info would help...Thanks.
1 Comment
I cannot believe a urologist has not been able to diagnose that. question, does your wife by any chance use birth control foam? or lubricants?
you may be allergic to that, also a womans vagina is very acidic, for a while try a good quality condom one that specificly claims to be non allergic, and see if you stay clear of the problem. does the problem ever really go away?
I suspect allergy, keep track of when it is bad and maybe you can pinpoint it, you also may be alergic (allergic) to certain soaps.keep a diary of anything that you use and if it worsens, even dryer sheets could cause allergy.