Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
I literally am afraid that my vagina is going to fall out!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I'm a little embarrased to talk about this and have been avoiding it for some time! After being in a car accidednt just a few days ago, the problem seems worse, so I guess it's time to try to do something about it!
Basicly, I'm having a problem with my vagina. Over the past couple of years it has seemed to get weak. I've done my pelvic floor exercizes but I don't think that is connected. I'm also loosing sensation. I put this down to my age or having children ( I'm 38). After the wreck I was left with just a couple of bruises from the seatbelt, but the next day I had some cramping and a little discharge which I thought was odd. The cramping stopped and I figured it was just the shock but last night I needed to pass a stool and nothing happened. I went to wipe and noticed a bulge in my vagina. When I pushed on it, I realised it was the stool pushing into my vaginal wall. I pressed on it and it went back to it's normal route and I passed it. Now I ache a lot down there and am really afraid to go to the toilet. I literally am afraid that my vagina is going to fall out!
Could this be a result of the accident? What should I do?
There are conditions such as rectovaginal fistulas. Could also be a prolapse of some sort. Also, trauma can cause damage. A family member got a prolapse from the force of the impact of a bad fall, so things can happen. Please do see a doctor quickly, as it will be hard to attribute it to the accident(if related) if much time has passed. Either way, you need to know if you have a condition needing treatment or surgery. I wasn't clear if you actually felt the stool itself or felt a bulge into the vagina. Being afraid to go to the bathroom and any resultant constipation is not good for a weakend bowel/vaginal wall. Doctors have seen it all, so try not to be too embarrassed. Your case will probably be a welcome break in the monotony for the doctor.

The symptoms that you are having are due to prolapse uterus. The uterus (womb) is normally held in place by various muscles, tissue and ligaments. Prolapse of the uterus occurs when the muscles supporting the uterus become so weak that the uterus can't stay in place, so it slips down from its normal position.It can be due to child births,menopause,weakened pelvic muscles,overweight,chronic constipation or trauma to the vagina.

Depending on the degree of prolapse,treatment is specific.While mild to moderate prolapse mau need lifestyle modifications,pelvic floor exercises,hormone replacement therapy or vaginal pessaries,severe cases may need surgery.i would suggest a gynecologist evaluation to find out the confirmatory diagnosis.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.