Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
I need help cause i have this foul odor coming from my throat, nose, or...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I need help cause i have this foul odor coming from my throat, nose, or mouth

I have this putrid foul disgusting odor that im sure in coming from either my nose or throat.  IM not sure.  It honestly smells like i have went # 2 in my pants, farted, and/or died. Sometimes i can get whiffs of it sometimes i cannot.  It lasts for a longer time than i smell it from what people tell me.  But it in not constant throughout the whole day.  I can get rotten filth tastes in my mouth.  The times i cannot smell it i know its happening cause people are going crazy when they come in contact with me.  It happens at random times of the day everyday.  The smell is so bad people from 10 feet away can smell it.  Some people are so rude and i have to deal with people when im on a train in an airport etc.  I went to a doctor a week ago that was just a GP and the person was amazed. "Conveiniently" when i went in the smell wasnt present so the doctor had to take my word for it rather than smell it themselves.  They never heard of anything with that strong of a smell.  But she provided me with antibiotics (amoxicillin, metronidazole) and a nasal spray thinking that this might solve the problem.  It has been going on for a month now!  She said that if it doesnt go away go see an ENT.  But I am in england now so i will have to return to the states early to see the ent.  Does anyone know what is wrong with me?  I think this problem its extemely unordinary because i have done a lot of research on the internet to see if i could find out what it is.  PLEASE HELP
If you have chronic problems with your sinuses, it can cause odor.  Also, if you have an infection in your throat, that could cause odor, as well.  Additionally, it is not uncommon for a small piece of food to get stuck in the folds in your tonils.  If the food rots, then you get a bad odor.  Also, problems with your dental work can cause a smell.  Tooth decay is a primary cause for mouth odor.  All of these things, or you could have halitosis.  Not an uncommon thing.  You could google it and see what the primary symptoms are.  You need to distinguish if you have any of the other symptoms...
Drainage from the sinuses, problems with teeth, etc.  In the meantime, keep a pack of gum handy.
MaryHeather said it perfectly...All of the conditions she mentioned can cause very obvious odor (and taste).  I have a friend who has a history of sinus polyps.  As a consequence, she has several severe sinus infections each year.  In addition, when the rampant infections are absent, she may have a low-grade "something" going on.  In either case, her breath is repulsive during those episodes.  Sometimes she can smell it and taste it.
So should i go see an ENT?  IF not who is the best person to see?  What can be done to solve these problems?
Food lodged in sinus will cause foul oders.
I am having the same problem and i just had oral surgery and i also have chronic sin us infections i went to the dentist and he gave me amoxicillin 3 times a day and he says it will go away in a few days. This is an infection in your sinuses and you can tell that by blowing your nose and looking at the color if it is yellow brown or green it is infected. You need antibiotics and lots of water. Altoids can give you a better chance of people not smelling it for about 15 minutes while your eating it. Also note that the smell will become worse for you and the people you talk to after you blow your nose but getting rid of that mucus is the fastest way to be done with this problem. Seek a doctor to give you some antibiotics right away and blow your nose all day everyday and it will go away. I am glad to have read someone has the same problem as me even though i would not wish this on my worst enemy.