Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
I want answers from doctors.. Please help!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I have always had headaches they got so much worse around August 2013. They're at the base of my skull. My neck hurts, my back hurts. My arms, hands, legs & feet get tingly & sometimes numb. I get sharp pains in my legs & arms when I'm doing stuff. I am always nauseated & do vomit a couple times a day. I have really bad balance I get dizzy a lot. I have problems consentrating & I lose my memory or forget things a lot. My ears ring a lot!  Is there any illness that goes with these symptoms ?
It sounds neurological. It could be either back related or migraine. I have the headache, vomiting, vertigo, dizziness, problem concentrating due to migraine. But the other symptoms you have are more like neurological back problem or some other neurological problem. I suggest you see a neurologist that specializes in migraine but they can refer you if necessary. Sorry you are going through this. They may do like they did me and send you to a couple of doctors like an ENT to rule out meniers and benign positional vertigo etc. but I think they also may try some migraine meds or do a good neurological physical on you. I wouldn't wait any longer since you have gotten worse.
let me know how it goes.
You poor thing. Definitely set up appt with a neurologist. They will run tests and possibly do in MRI to check your brain out.  They did this with my teenager who has very bad migraines. She is on medicine now and it helps a lot. But don't wait. Best wishes.
You have lots of problems going on that need investigating and the first step is to make an appointment and see your doctor.

The pins and needles and sharp pains can be from trapped nerves and pressure on nerves.  Lower spinal problems can present with pins and needles down the legs.  Problems in the cervical part of the spine (the neck area) will cause pins and needles going down the arms.

It may be that all your symptoms are connected or a few different problems.  You need to get your ears checked out to see if there is any infection there that may be causing the balance problem.  

The doctor can prescribe medication to help relieve the balance problem if this is coming from the inner ear. The medication for this is that to treat travel sickness.

Don't lift anything that is too heavy and awkward on your own.
Make sure that you keep away from any draughts, this can cause neuralgic pain.  Keep warm and drink plenty of fluids (water and diluted fruit juices), do not drink any alcohol.  Dehydration (lack of fluids in the body) can cause lack of concentration and headaches.  

Make sure too that you are getting plenty of sleep and have a healthy and well balanced diet.

Don't sit at a computer for too long, take breaks and move about.  Make sure you have good posture.

You may be anaemic and have low levels of the Vitamin B complex.  Pins and needles can sometimes be due to lack of Vitamin B12.

Ringing in the ears can be due to congestion or high blood pressure.  Sometimes no cause can be found and it is something you have to learn to live with.  Avoid going to gigs with loud music.  Loud noise damages the hearing mechanism in the ears. Ringing in the ears is called Tinnitus.

In the event that some of your symptoms are due to migraine headaches, avoid eating and drinking:  oranges, red wine, coffee, cheese, chocolate.

High blood pressure (and low blood pressure) can also cause dizzy spells.

Make an appointment as soon as possible with your doctor so that you can get a proper medical examination so that you can get the appropriate help and treatment to get better.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.
I forgot to mention, I've been to a nuerologist & have gotten mri's, she was looking for chiari malformation but my MRIs were normal. She said that she doesn't think it's migraines! So now we don't know what's going on.  Thank you all :)
Well you won't see a migraine on an MRI. But I'm surprised that they didn't do an electroencephalogram (EEG). That would tell if you had the migraine. It looks for abnormally high electrical brain activity. That is the only way the could find evidence of my migraine variant. You could ask for one. The only other thing I was thinking of is a back injury. Sometimes you don't know that you injured your spine. Unless you know you hurt your back at some point. Is to see a orthopedic surgeon to see if they can find something wrong. So far those are the two big things that come to mind.
mkh9
p.s. Chiari malformation is rare and not likely. I would get a second opinion from a migraine specialist and get the EEG. But also think about the Orthopedic doctor.
mkh9
I have scoliosis & kyphosis I have an orthopedic & I'll be seeing him in a week! He also thought I had syringomyelia syrinx & chiari malformation! I'll have to call my nuerologist soon to ask for the other test!
So sorry to hear that you have scoliosis & kyphosis and that your orthopaedic thinks you may possibly also have syringomyelia syrinx & chiari malformation.  Does he know that the MRI results were normal?

Hope all goes well for you.
Best wishes.
Yes, so something may be pinching a nerve and causing these symptoms. Sorry you may have all these things but at least they may be able to help if they get on the right track! Good to rule out the migraine with the EEG. If negative then you can move on.
take care,
mkh9
Thank you all I really appreciate your answers! :)