Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
I woke up this morning with a dent in my forehead-what is it?

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I woke up this morning with a dent in my forehead about the size of a dime and in approximately the same area where the "third eye" is supposed to be (between and above the eyebrows). Its happened several times before and eventually goes away. I'm just wondering what causes it and if its anything I should be concerned about? I do get frequent headaches that seem to develop from tension in my neck and shoulders. Other than that I'm very healthy. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you

This discussion is related to Sudden Dent/ Vein on Forehead.
1 Comment
Welcome to the MedHelp forum!
A dent can develop due to wrong posture while sleeping or due to something pressing on the forehead. An indentation can develop on the forehead in case of mucocele of paranasal sinuses or scleroderma. Indents or furrows can also develop due to wrinkles. Also when the brows sag, this causes indents on the forehead. It is difficult to pinpoint the cause on net. Since a confirmed diagnosis cannot be given on net please discuss these possibilities with your PCP once, if the dent persists.Take care!