Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
I woke up this morning with pain in my right eye!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Hi I am 37 years old and this morning I wake up because I had a bite of pain in my right eyes,. I went to the mirror and notice that my upper lid is more swollen and the eyes is smaller in size then the left one, It look more close then the left one. I did not had this when I went to bed yesterday at midnight I do not have discharged coming from it. I don't have pain when I look at the light or anything like this. It only hurts when I  blink it feels like something is stuck in my eyes but I look and there is nothing in my eye. I look every angle of the eyes and don't see anything. It relly feels like something is scratching my eye when I blink. it is hard to explain. Oviously my eye is red and water more then usual, My vision dosen't seem blury or something. Oviously when I blink and because it hurts when I reopen my eyes it takes seconds to readjust but don't feel blury or something like that. So I don't know what to do. I do not have 70$  to go see a specialist and at the hospital I will wait many many many hours and don't want to. So is there something I can try to help and if this dosen't helpi at all I will go see someone but first would like to try something at home and see if it can go away. I do not wear glasses or contacts. I never had this before. Please help!
Inflammation of the eyelid is called Blephritis.  But you may have a sty on the eye lid which is like a red spot on the eyelid.

Try not to rub it even if it itches and feels gritty because this will aggravate it even more and make it worse.

The red of the eye sounds like you may have conjunctivitis.

If you can't afford to purchase any eye preparations from the pharmacist (the parmacist will advise you on over the counter eye medications), then get some cooled boiled water in a bowl and with a cotton wool clean the eye, by wiping the eye from the the nose side to the outside.  Do not reuse the cotton wool and do not use the same cotton wool on the other eye.  Do not share towels or pillows with anyone else.

The scratchyiness that you are feeling is due to the inflammation and the conjuntivitis.  If you experience grittiness with no redness, pain or swelling, then that would be a condition called dry eye.  You can buy lubricating eye remedies from the pharmacist and eye solutions like Optrex.
As you have experienced pain in the eye itself, it is advisable that you should have it examined properly by your doctor or an opthalmologist.

Best wishes, hope it improves quickly.
I recently had a problem similar to this as well. I went to the emergency room to make sure there was nothing lodged in my eye or anything else. I was informed that I had a ruptured blood vessel in my eye, which caused the redness, pain and the watering in my eye. I did not, however, have any swelling of the eyelid or anywhere else near my eye.

They prescribed antibiotic eye drops to prevent an infection, as I found that regular eye drops REALLY burned when I put them in. This may or may not be your problem.

I would advise that, even though  you may have to wait a longer time than you wish there, to visit the emergency room and have your eye examined to make sure that you don't have an infection or other issue going on. I do wish you good luck and hope you feel better soon!