Icy Hot Sensation
zsg
I am 34 years old and resently started  having anxiety attacks.  I had been hospitalized for a terrible ear infection and had surgery about 9 months ago, and everything started to go wrong.  First the anxiety attacks started, then the yeast infections, the infected belly button and the most recent...icy hot sensation around my abdomen.  I get them from time to time and sometimes I also feel like there is something moving inside my intestine and stomach (I am not pregnant).  It feels as though I am always hungry and I can't explain what is going on.  Can you help?

This feeling of something moving in the stomach may be due to peristaltic movements of the food in the intestines or due to muscle cramps of abdomen.

Frequent abdominal muscle cramps are seen in prolonged exercise,stress and anxiety,anemia,dehydration and deficiency of sodium, potassium, magnesium, and calcium and in serious disorders like myotonia,vascular disorders and neurodegenerative diseases.

Increased appetitie is called polyphagia.Causes include increased exercise and physical activity,growth spurt,hormone imbalances( hyperthyroidism or hyperadrenalism), pregnancy or at certain times during the menstrual cycle,uncontrolled diabetes,depression,bulimia nervosa( an eating disorder that usually result in eating binges),certain drugs or medications(like  antihistamines, steroids, marijuana, or large amounts of alcohol)  and damage to an area of the brain called the hypothalamus(This is a rare condition).

Pls get your blood sugar evaluated and other causes checked by a physician.

Are you having normal menstrual periods or do you have any signs of pregnancy?

Eat healthy nutritious food and keep yourself well hydrated.Also get your Hb levels evaluated for anemia.Usually,these symptoms go away on their own after a balanced diet,but if the symptoms persist then a clinical evaluation by a physician is desirable.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted if you have any additional doubts.