Immediate relief for constipation
I have been receiving chem all this week and I'm taking Morphine Sulfate. I am extrememly constipated inspite of taking Senokot, Milk of Magnesia, Colace. I've increased the water I drink. I've been eating fruits & vegetable nothing is working. I need immediate relief, please help. How long does it take for Magnesium Citrate to work? Does it give you the runs?
As long as you are taking morphine sulphate you will be constipated. During the times it may be wearing off is when you should try to go, not 30 minutes after taking it that's when your intestinal muscles will be stopped by the MS. You may want to try going without the MS for a while to go poop then taking them after or perhaps changing to a different pain killer. Hydrocodone may be a little less constipating but it may just be a little less if any. Eat fiber and good luck. -God bless
24 hours typically.  should not cause runs.  You may want to try miralax.  increase water and non caffinated drinks.
go to your doctor for an enima,i find to much fibre clogs me up more.