Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Infected hematoma?

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Infected hematoma?

I have a hematoma on my right upper thigh for 12 days now the swelling is going down however now it looks like roadrash on the top of the bump. This started out as three small spots and has grow to cover the top of bump about 2 inch. I have been to two different Docs and they are telling me two different things. Is it infected or did my skin stretch so much it created trama to the top layer?
1 Comment
I believe what you are describing is typical. You must have sustained a pretty severe injury. One thing to note is that a bruise and a hematoma are similar but not the same thing.. As healing  takes place the skin will take on different characteristics. At some point the surface of the skin will have a rash like appearance during  the healing process. It can be red, blue, purple and may even become yellow as time goes by and the blood dissipates. A hard area may develop in the center most part of the injury. It will remain tender to the touch for some time. Possibly a month or more. Things to watch out for are heat at the site, swelling,, redness from inflammation not bruising,, and pain without touch. Hope this eases some of your concern.