Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Inflammation of Carotid artery and neck pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Viewing 201-203 comments:
Yes I got that as well, including the vertigo. Interesting thing on the vertigo is that it happens just as I manage to fall asleep, jerking me back awake.

That said people I do have a sense of the cause. Its working on computers, especially laptops. I know because I have only been back on computers three months and my regular job is intensely physical w/ few computers. I had this problem years ago when working on comps and holding my head in a particular position. Thoughts?
I have had the same problems for almost 10 yrs, and I am only 28. I have been to Dr. after Dr. and hospital after hospital. Been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, tension headaches, cluster headaches, etc. But have never found treatment that helps. I have 3 kids and always wake up with pain and headaches. This is ruining my life! After reading all of these blogs I am thinking that while sleeping on my stomach, I must be pinching the carotid artery and not getting enough blood/ oxygen to my brain, thus causing these problems. I do not believe I have a permanent problem with the artery, because none of my tests, MRI, CAT scan, etc. have shown any problems. Anybody else a stomach sleeper? Wake up with headaches and eye pressure?
It sounds like Sjoren's Syndrome, autoimmune.  I diagnosed myself,
have struggled with fatigue most of my life.  It is often related to
lupus autoimmune and endocrinologists are the specialty.   The
treatment is steroids, but those can make you feel great, then you
crash when you have to periodically have to go off them.   Of course,
we learn that doctors don't want  you to tell THEM what you know
about your physical condition and many specialists are dismissive of
the awful fatigue with this.  I have never been offered  treatment or
anything like steroids.
Susan
I'm 34 y/o healthy female 5'8" and 150lbs. I took Phentermine on and off for the last 4 years and wonder if that has anything to do with this. I take Nasonex daily (8 years now) for seasonal allergies...allergic to all 4 of them :) My left side is definately worse than my right - "diagnosed" with inflammation 8 months ago but it has never gone back down. I know when it's getting worse because I start to tingle. More so when people tick me off or raise my blood pressure if you will. It started as tingling on the left side of my head around the ear but progressed and now when I get really mad my entire face tingles almost like a numbing sensation. On my really bad days I have tingling in my hands and feet. I take my anti-inflamatories and muscle relaxors as needed on the bad days.

I've dealt with it just fine till now - I've got new additions. One month ago I started attending a weekend hard-core fitness boot-camp. It's intense and the heart-rate gets really high. Usually my face and hands go numb in a matter of minutes and I've noticed my hands and arms turn BRIGHT red when this happens. Not to mention I sweat like crazy, I mean I'm wipping my brow just in warm ups. Well today I actually experienced my first (i guess it was this) exercise induced asthma attack. Scared the crap out of of me - my throat litterally closed up for about 3 minutes.  Then again 20 minutes later. Both times I ended up laying on the ground in the snow trying to gasp in the -1 degree cold air. I remember when my son croup - always took him out into the cold air and it would open his throat right up.

Not sure what's going on.  Honestly beginning to think my heart or carotid artery are litterly going to explode one of these days. It's a very scarey thought but can't seem to get the doc to be concerned. Told my trainer it would be a really bad oxymoron to have me die in his gym of a heart attack or stroke while I'm there trying to improve my health. Just not sure where to go from here.
Try physio therapy. I too had right neck pain, as if something is poking below my right ear. Got the physio to realign the neck gently , done by lying down on back while she support my neck and slowly pull neck forward and letting it sit back on its own. I got instant relieve, no unbalance while walking or further pain while moving my neck to the right.
That's me.  No sweating, headaches, vomiting, or even ear aches.  I've only been dealing with it for 2 weeks though.  Extreme artery pain just below my jaw, and oftentimes it feels like its in my lower jaw, also on my left side.  Been to four doctors - two being ENTs.  The second ENT was today and told me it was an inflamed artery and I needed 800mg of Motrin 3 times a day and to put a heat pack on it.
Good luck.
Wow, I have read every post and learned so much from so many.  What I found I have in common - autoimmune disease - I have a thyroid goiter, have tested for the antibody for RA and Lupus but do not actively have either, have been under prolonged period of stress (I believe a BIG factor here), suffered with a virus a few weeks previous to this, started having reflux (do to the stress I was under), experienced itchy, watering eyes, with blurring in my right eye, pain in my right under arm and topped off with pain in my right carotid artery area.  Perhaps this took so long to come on due to the fact that I regularly take an anti-inflammatory for a joint replacement I had a year ago.  Stress does amazing things to our bodies and the last time I was under a prolonged period of stress was when I was dianosged with the RH and Lumpus antibodies because all my joints were inflammed and hurting.  Got to learn to handle stress somehow but the meantime I am having this checked out to be certain because I don't want to be a stroke victim just because I didn't.  Good luck to everyone and thanks for all your posts.
This may help - maybe try going to the chiropractor. tendons and muscles in the neck get misaligned after years of stress and can cause horrible migraines, tension headaches, shooting pain in the neck and arms, and the burning sensation the artery because everything is being pulled and strained so bad.

Everytime I go to the chiropractor and he adjusts my neck, I feel blood shoot back into these areas and I get release from migraines and the burning sensation in the cartoid artery. My muscles relax and it's just amazing. It's amazing how much tension we get used to. Whenever i feel a headache or migraine coming on, I go the the chiropractor and it is fixed.

It only costs about $50 to go and could help with a host of issues. I also think a good acupuncturist can work miracles too. They just have a sense of the body's nervous system.
have you ever tried going to the chiropractor? i had tension headaches and really bad dizzyness that went away after I had my neck and back adjusted. It really works for me - I work a back brace in High School due to scoliosis so my neck needs to be adjusted at least once a month or more... just an idea...
C. Diff colitis can cause the symptom described in this thread. Metronidazole and Vancomycin are the two antibiotics that work against C. Diff. Unfortunately, they're also presently the last line of defense against antibiotic resistant staph and sepsis, so doctors don't want to burn them out on colitis.

I have similar symptoms also. I think it has been actually been going on for a couple of years.  Kept feeling something was off on my neck but didn't really think it was a lump in my throat, just an uncomfortable feeling, sometimes achey (achy).  Went to a nose throat fellow who looked in and said everything was fine.  However, this year, my ear on the side has started plugging and I have been getting pain under my jaw and an ache down my neck, even to the top of my shoulder. Finally went to a walk in clinic and the doctor felt my neck and said my cartoid artery was swollen.  I am going for an ultra sound tomorrow.   When I asked the GP what they did about a swollen cartoid, he said that they generally just "watched it". One thing I  have noticed is that the symptoms come and go. Does anyone else have this experience.  Sometimes it feels swollen and aches and other times there are no symptoms.  One thing I have noticed, is that hot drinks (or maybe coffee) seem to set it off.  I must say tho, that I haven't experienced the type of pain that some people of described thankfully, and hopefully I won't.  A little nervous about the ultra sound.
Please, who is your doctor. I just got out of the hospital and they are checking me for a heart attack . I have your same symptoms, very painful in my right jaw, neck and right ear lobe. Thank you  liskay123
hey fluffgirl73...

saw your thread, just wanted to know what was your results. unlike the
others, i too do not have the 'pain', but a lump om my right side of the
neck artery. had a carotid doppler scan, will get the results on 03/26/12.
this is some scarry stuff.
please reply if you can tell me anything else..

djg51111
I feel for all of you as I can relate to this pain.  I have been experiencing pains in my right neck near my carotid.  The pain I feel though is similar to contractions or labor pain in my neck.  The lump in my neck keeps growing and sometimes kicks.  We believe this is nothing short of a zombie embroyo.  The carotid artery is extremely vascular, just like the uterus and it is a wonderful place for a little zombie fetus to grow... Stay tunes as we will film the delivery of the zombie child...  
Or it could be that I was lifting weights and the 50 pound barbell fell directly on my carotid. Either way, I believe we are about to have a new member to our family... We will name it "Brain Eater Zomber."
                           Me too i got exact same, mine started from carrying to heavy things on my back about a month ago i turned my head and my neck on the right side hasent stopped hurting. Im 48 female and worried too. It feels like a artery or vein where the pain is and its sore to touch. And just yesteraday my eyes where totally scratchy and my throat was like closing up Ive never experienced anything like it before. I just thought wow ive never had an allergy attack like that before.
MAIN THING WORRYING ME...My moms mom died at 48 from an aneurysm.I guess I should carry regular asperin?
I was diagnosed with a disection of my carotid artery five years ago and a week ago today, I woke up with a "pain the neck" on my right side.  It is sore to the touch and it's concerning me.  

Both of my parents had a burst aneurysm in their brain at age 50 and I'm glad to say they both survived it.   With their history, of course, my doctors are quite interested in my head/neck area.  The closer I get to 50, the more anxious I get - I'll be 48 in September.

My neurosurgeon said as long as the artery walls maintain their integrity, I didn't have to come back in unless I experienced any "symptoms."   I'm not sure if this is considered a symptom or if I'm just freaking myself out.  
Dear Kineva and to all of you, my heart is breaking for all the pain and suffering that you are going through.  And to top it off, it seems like most of you are still waiting for a diagnosis.  To me, it sounds like almost all of you are suffering from Internal Carotid Dissections. .  . and really the best way to diagnose that is with and MRA (which is an MRI and they just use a special contrast so they can see your arterial system). Also, sometimes they use a CTA( which a CT machine is used with a special contrast to  see your arterial system)- the results look similar to what you would see if you had an angiogram.  The reason I know this is because two years ago, I started suffering severe neck pain than a horrific headache after a chiropractor manipulated my neck.  I advise and beg anyone reading this to NEVER EVER let a chiropractor manipulate your neck!!! People have died on the table, stroked on the table, or people like me. . .  knew something was wrong after it happened but it took a few days to reach its critical point.  I didn't stroke but had SO many neurological deficits.  My left internal carotid artery dissected and has an aneurysm on it and my right internal vertebral artery dissected and has an aneurysm on it - ALL BECAUSE OF A CHIROPRACTOR MANIPULATING MY NECK.  I suffered TERRIBLY from the pain in my neck and head.  I was in the hospital for almost 2 months.  This happened 2 years ago and I am still not healed.  My brain is still foggy, I suffer from horrific headaches and physically and mentally I am just not the same as I used to be.  I know that i am blessed that I am still here and am able to do so many things.  Just type in CHIROPRACTOR and carotid dissection into YouTube and you will watch some horrible and sad stories - I know that it could have much worse for me.  But for all of those of you suffering pain 1.  Don't go to a chiropractor to try and fix it: our neck holds 4 of our main arteries that sustains our life (one goes directly to the heart).  2. research Internal Carotid Artery Dissection or Internal Vertebral Dissection and if you feel that you have the symptoms, ask your doctor for an MRA or CTA.  If dissections are left untreated, there are great risks.  I am sorry for such a long post, but I just wanted to pass this information along-even if it helps just one person.
And I forgot to mention in my post above that I was in great physical shape when this occurred and was female and 37 years old.
Having the same pain, thought it was a swollen lymphnod or gland, but NET Dr. said it was a swollen artery. Will try anti-inflammatory, and left you know. Never heard of this before.
I was just diagnosed with it as well. My pain was in my jaw, my ear and the whole left side of my head. I also have pain in my neck and my shoulder on the same side. No one really listens and you never hear from them again if your blood tests come back within range. I finally went to an ENT, he was thorough and found it at last...he put me on prednisone and it helped immediately. I just started it yesterday, so I hope when I get off of it that it doesn't come back. I know it sounds silly, but the one thing that makes my head hurt worse is my cell phone. I can not talk on it for more than 5 minutes without my head aching for days. Getting a land line!!! Anyway, I wish the doctors would treat the cause of the problem instead of the result. My ENT said that it could be caused by a virus???
Sorry...but doctors are just there to get money ....thats all....ah...and prescribe medicine...cause its easy to do....hardley they give exams...you have got to beg for them...they look at you if you are stupid...they feel on top all the time....i have not found one doctor yet in Britain taken me serious...waist of time...
get checked for eagles syndrome. I have all the same symptoms and was lucky enough to have an amazing ENT who knew about the condition.  Before him I ran around for 2 years trying to find answers.  Good luck all.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3095808/
When I read about your problem, I responded b/c of the similarity to my symptoms. I, also, have pain in my Lt Carotid artery right below my ear. It is sore to touch, but interestly, the pain has been relieved by sleeping in a tobagan hat. I guess the warmth of the hat helps me. I thought maybe I had a sinus infection, but, after hearing some of the other testimonies, I don't think so. My systolic BP (top #) has been extremely high & I am a small person. Also, I have a dry cough at times & I've been hoarse over 6 mths. I have Juvenile Diabetes, take insulin, however, & have acid reflux. I take a BP & acid reflux med, daily, already. I am a Nurse, therefore, I blew it off b/c of my medical knowledge, I thought  that I may have become a bit of a hypochondriac? I am dizzy when I climb the stairs at home or in the movie theater, my feet are very cold at night in bed & it's been difficult to swallow certain foods: breads, broccoli (raw), etc. I am concerned that my carotid artery may be occluded since I, also, have a elevated BP along with the pain in my LEFT side of my neck, the same side as my heart. Hearing some of the other stories, however, now wonder if could be cysts on my thyroid? I have already had an UGI of my throat & OK.  I am going to seek an opinion of an Endocrinologist. I feel that you should do the sam if your BP is high, also.  I hope you find the relief you deserve.
Monday morning i went to work fine. By 9 a.m. my body begin to ache and i couldnt stop sweating. by 915 my mouth was dry and i was weak. I started work at 8 am. By 930 i had extreme pressure in my head and shortness of breath. i managed to make it through the day out of sheer neccessity. The next day was spent in bed fighting the chills and sweats along with a fever and my other symptoms. So Wednesday i go to the clinic and they diagnose me with severe strep and put me on advil and penicillin. By friday everything is gone except now i have a marble size lump in my neck that radiates pain through my neck teeth and right ear. it seems to be easing the more that i take my penicillin and doses of advil though. but it is my right carotid. i will let you guys know if it goes down.
It started in 2009, lump in throat feeling did barium swallow test whihc was notmal, and had blood test which was normal except ESR slightly high, aske d to take Valprim 2mg and symptoms disappeared after a week or so,
Again Sept 2011 felt like I had something in throat, went to doctors, gave me did an gastrocscopy, came clear, also did ultrasound for thyroid right side was in the upper limit s of normal, left was normal, also had some pain in stomach around that time did bariumtest and contrast for MRI to which I was anaphalactic, and had to give a cortizone, also sent me to ENT, during that time I had this white pimple,( have had them previously which ws not often but since 2011 they were there quite often), looking things on right side of tonsil no pain just botherend me making me feel like I need to gag, and sometimes when I coughed it came out other times I had to press on it to get the darn thing out, they were like white heads only two in the same spot all the time, ENT and doctor said food particles believe me they were not I thingk they were tonsil stones, found out through, med help. ENT Dec 2011 ,sent camera through nose said have a drip, I have alleries to hayfever and  asthma asked to do a scan , did not do it immediately, until end of March when I woke up and felt that my vison was double digits, was worried as there is glucoma in family, and my previous eye pressure in FEb 2011,check was 19, Since March before I got the blurry vion hadnt been sleeping well, also noted  for getting a lot, putting things in wrong place, sometimes forget what I was looking for as well, had a  stammer at one time, which I never had but now not often only sometimes, if I am stressed trying to think of words maybe due to lack of slee.
Ayway went to emergency did normal test to make sure not a stroke due to double vion and was asked to go to  emergency ENT next day, Had terrible headache and went eye pressure was done igt was in 20 and 21, as I was also vomiting, did not have headace when I had the blurry vision, just . They asked if I get sius problems said yes, so they checked it with camera and said may have polyps and do a scan to  make sure hospital put me on antibiotics which had some acid in it made breathing a bit hard felt like something was stuck in chest and itchiness here and there, did scan said have polyps.Went back to GP put me on doxy for 3 weeks while on doxy got me to do a scan of the thyroid and said that it came out normal also did another blood test that came out normal.
While on doxy noted the pimples in right side cleared up, but there is a flesh coloured slighly raised  lump on that side, so put finger in there to check it was a small lump size of pea does  not hurt, but noticed after the doxy was over that it had enlarged , was worried showed it to doctor who said dont worry, been in an oout of doctors, who says my glands are swollen, everytime mentioned it to him but not worried, checked mouth with popsicle stick and light, mentioned to him that it has grown but docotor is not concerned, went back to ent  with the report of scan mentioned to him he too said may be due to nasal drip, nasal drip, is back of throat this is in front of the arch where the pimples were,  Tthe throat scan for thyroids  did not show or mention, anything about this lump, as I was on antibiotics at the time,
Feel neck is heavy, tightness, so went to chiro who took Xrays of the back top to bottom while on antibiotics, chiro said had a small bend but nothing to worry about, feel a lot of tension in neck area and sometimes a uncomfortable feeling,
On the weekend was on bed on the computer, felt the pressure on both side of the neck as if I was going to get choked, have had this dry cough  cough too that has started, for some times now but havent taken notice of it as I do have asthma, but it not asthmatic, had breakfast in bed and then got up was in the kitchen felt vision going blurry , as my neck felt tightening on both sides, went and put my feet up for some time took some time for the feeling to leave 20 -30 mts or more. Went back to Dr and mentioned about this, also noted that I had a slight  loss of bladder control and did not know until I felt something wet, but was too shy to tell the doctor I am forgetting alot  not sure because of the stress of the lump, my sinus feels fine sometimes get the drip and stuffed nose but not all the time, could it be the lump inside throat that is causing but it is only on the right not left but the compression was on both sides,  took a nurofen, yesterday, I am stressed oiut about the lump pressure was fine but my hear rate was 81 and should have been 66 or below, I checkd my poulse when I felt this  tightening and it was 99, but when I went to the doctor  it was normal,
All I want is to get this lump out of my throat so I dont stress anymore, I want to do the polyps but they said they will have to straighten the  middle  of nose too, and read that polyps can come  back if you dont know what is causing it so want to get allergy test done, as well as want the doctor to take this lump out at the same time how can I make him do it he is only concentraing on the sinus., will I need my doctor to ask him to remove it too, as it is causing me to stress, sinus not too bad but the vison thing together with the back of neck discomfort, and the side s of throat tightness, is frightening me. when I move the neck around I can hear this funny sound like a crunch noise.  do you thing if I go to the dentist will she might be able to help me with this lump on the inside of the neck,
I am not sure what to do if anyone can let me know if they have the same problem, I too thought it might be the arteries on the side of neck that is causing this, the doctor said if I get the blur vion next time she will get a scan done, note not sinus when I had the second blured vision.
ENT asked me to take prednosoloan, and an antibiotic, not sure for what is if it is for the drip or the lump, as I was sneezing a lot the day I went for the second ENT
Please help
Great info
what were your results on the March test?
You described my symptoms perfectly and exactly. I've been to an ENT and have had a CT and a CT ANGIOGRAM and everything is good. The Doctor is baffled about my symptoms, which I've been experiencing for 3 - 4 years. He now wants me to see a Neurologist for further examination and hopefully a diagnosis that will lead to successful treatment. From what I've been reading in this thread, there really isn't any treatment for this. It doesn't appear to be life threatening, but it is extremely irritating, annoying, and the constant ache/pain is often very draining.
Ok...so I'm feeling the same thing on the right of my neck. When i take a deep breath my carodic artery pinches. I also feel it in my muscle of my right shoulder blade, tense. Hurts...no but if feels like pressure. Feels wrong. It concererns me so i looked it up nd ran into this posting. I think it's stress and need to maybe get a deep tissue massage & some rest and meditaion. Issue is i hv noooo time for that. I should go see my doctor and take it from there????
This sounds like Polymyalgia Rheumatica. Which I have been diagnosed with.  Steroids will get rid of the inflammation but watch out for Temporal Arteritis or giant cell arterisis which sometimes accompanies it.Tthese usually happen in people over 50 years old.  I have the ball swellings in the neck above the collar bone too.  the arteries at the back of my head and temples were sore and I am having a Temporal Artery Biopsy to see if it is TA, although it doesn't always show up. I have severe neck pain which settles on steroids but the arterial pain continued hence the extra investigation.  Both my parents had this and Polymyalgia so I think it may be gene related.  they don't know what causes it but stress, or post operation or injury somtimes trigers them.  A CAT scan will show arterial damage if any. Good luck.
U are doing  good job. Also have aches in my right neck. i take raw honey morning and night aches go away and whenever i stop taking honey i feel aches again. I asked a in a pharmaceutical store was told it could b as a result of blood shortage
Hi, I recently discovered the same issue, but havent seen a doctor, and I'm very sure I know the cause. If you carry heavy things, such as bags or whatever even just in your hand to often or long periods of time, it cause tenderness to the entire side of your neck. I've been trying to carry less weight in my bookbag, which is a shoulder bag, and switch to the other shoulder every now and then. This technique works quite well, oh and if you crack your neck within ONE hour prior to waking up or earlier, You'll experience that pain also, because it's to early to crack your neck because the muscles haven't quite stretched out, so it causes swelling. I hope this is helpful to you!
I, HAVE THE SAME...DR, SAID NOT TO RUB OR TOUCH THE ARTERY AS IT WILL BOTTOM OUT THE BLOOD PRESSURE. I'VE HAD THIS FOR 1 WK AND IT GIVES PAIN A NEW MEANING. JUST RECOVERING FROM PNEUMONIA AND I THINK THE TWO MAY HAVE A COMMON BOND ??? I'M, 69, FEMALE IN GOOD HEALTH/FIT, ACTIVE.....I, COULD JUST CRY IF IT WOULD HELP. I, READ THAT DAILY STRETCHING IS GOOD FOR IT. I'M USING A CANE BECAUSE I'M SO DIZZY...DR, DOES NOT SEEM AT ALL CONCERNED, SAID THAT HE HAS HAD IT. USE MOIST HEAT AND TAKE TYLENOL IS MY RX...GOOD LUCK
Did you talk to your Endo?  I am hypo and take the same RX. Feeling pain in my neck. Going to Endo tomorrow! Any info you could share would be helpful.
I would go see an internal medicine doctor.  Some theories about Carotidynia are:  It is caused by migraines or after infections.  I would speak to an internal med doctor and get it checked to make sure you dont have some circulatory problems.
right side pinched at this spot
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carotidynia
cant take it propranolol for BP-anxiety-it made my right side numbish-face to neck
throat is tightened-speech -get out of breath-larangeal nerve?
caffeine sensitivity-BP skyrockets--CYP1A2 deficiecny? other P450 deficiecnies?cant break down drugs like propranolol-ambien-caffeine
head pressure-feels wierd--xanax helps--the tightness of everything
any ideas?what kinds of drs are smart enough to handle all of this?
you must see a GP
A new meaning to pain... huh.... that is putting things lightly in my eyes. I've had this pulsating annoyance, pain on the right side of my neck, dizzy, blurred vision, and a "whooshing" sound in my right ear. Some tests are not good enough to tell you everything going on, one test might tell you nothing and your Doctor may dismiss everything, especially if you have other health problems.

My situation is a bit unique, to say the least.... I've had Gastric Bypass, that ended very bad and I almost died, with being admitted to 4 Hospitals, in a Nursing Home (21 yrs. old at this time).

So, now I know I have Carotid Artery Disease, but all my blood work is "normal" including cholesterol, thyroid.... yeah, impossible?

ENT refuses to see me, since they know this is Carotid Artery Diease and my Primary Care Provider, is/does nothing in regards to this matter. I found out I have this issue, after going to several different ERs and finding competent Doctors. My blockage is at 50% which Doctors refuse to do anything about until it reaches 75% and/or more. But still not taking my age into account, which does "worry" them, nothing is still being done.. Oh yeah, I am now 28 yrs. old.

I've had a lot of scares and then some... I am tired of going to all these appts. and doing more research than these, so-called Professionals and getting turned down by them and just having to suffer through all this pain and discomfort, so i wait patiently until I have a Heart Attack or Stroke, whichever comes first to get Doctors into gear.
I have the pain and pressure on the right side of neck and it is an inflamed carotid artery. This started a few days after I started an "all natural" detox (the 7 day cleaner). I AM NOT CLAIMING ANY PROOF THESE TWO THINGS ARE RELATED. However, it is the only thing done out of the usual routine, and at 27 years old I'd like to believe I'm in good health. I just switched in January from cardio to weight lifting so I'm fearful of developing any type of hernias or arterial bulges. Yet, I haven't lifted for a week and a few days before I started taking the detox. I am hoping it is just a reaction to all the different roots, extracts, herbs, etc in the detox pills. When I first googled the symptoms I damn near gave myself a panic attack but after reading these comments, I took some Ibuprofen and calmed the hell down. Hopefully this won't require a doc visit and will go away.
A related discussion, What do I have was started.
Yes. I had some dental work done 6 days ago have been in severe pain right side of neck and shoulder and back, A lot of swelling also. My voice has been horse for  2 days. The pain is so unbarable, The dentist was having problems with getting the right side of my upper right numb.  Help someone
I found that if you lay on your right side and get a good sized feather pillow and place it tightly against your chest and somewhat under your chin and lay your left arm up on top of the pillow it helps ease the pain somewhat. (at least enough to allow you to sleep.)  I also found that taking a large tube sock and filling it with dry uncooked rice that's then microwaved really seems to ease the pain when used in conjunction with the feather pillow. I don't know why it works but it does.

I hope this helps anyone else.  
Everyone with high bp and sweating and lumps in neck should be screened for a rare net called paraganglioma.  I just had an abdominal one removed , but they can occur in the head and neck also. Specifically the carotid (cbt) just on the off chance.
I had such things happen and ended up having pseudo tumor cerebri. Diagnosed by lumbar puncture. Spinal fluid was double the norm.
Viewing 201-203 comments: