Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Ingrown hair on my chest?

A community for discussions on undiagnosed symptoms: breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

Ingrown hair on my chest?

Lately, about a couple days ago, i noticed a red bump appear around the middle of my chest, a little near the sternum i'd say. it feels like a big giant pimple basically that i haven't been able to pop, and i feel weird explaining this but i'm hoping it helps. when i first noticed it appeared i did try to pop it, and it pussed a little bit but that was it. its honestly about the size of a nipple, like its not tiny, and it just feels like a bump over my chest now. and idk if its really "itchy" but after touching it i do feel the impulse to itch it. it also feels like a bruise almost when i touch it, but i'm pretty sure its not a bruise. should this be something i should be concerned about, or is it just going to go away? i think it might be an ingrown hair but i don't see an actual hair thats ingrown that i can pull out. thank you very much in advance and i hope i explained this enough.
1 Comment
Welcome to the forum!
It is difficult to comment without examining the lesion. It could be infection of a hair follicle, localized infection of skin, an abscess or pus collection, a boil or an area of contact dermatitis. If it is an infective thing, it will respond to local application of antibiotic cream and cleaning with antiseptic solution. At times oral antibiotics or anti inflammatory agents may be needed. If it is contact dermatitis, you would need to check out what could be causing this in that area. It is difficult to comment beyond this at this stage.
Hope this helps. Please let me know if there is any thing else and do keep me posted. Take care!