Ingrown hair on upper butt crack.
I have an ingrown hair (I think) on the top of my butt crack. Ive had it for about a year. It hurt at first but not anymore. However, it can go for months without me noticing it before it starts to bleed for a few hours, then stops. The hole is deep and I cannot get the hair out. Its a purple colour around the hole. Its very annoying but I really dont want to be have to have an operation on it. So, if someone could tell me what to do with it and also tell me what the operation is like in case I have to have one. I have never had one before (even though I'm 20) and the prospect is pretty scary. Thanks.
i'm not sure surgery would be required,  why don't you ask your doctor to check it out just to see that it is in fact an ingrown hair, its probably hard to see/reach at that angle!
You could try putting polysporin on it for a little while, that may help reduce swelling/infection, so you could possibly get to it.