Intense stabbing pain below left ankle
For the past year I have been dealing with this issue. One day I was just sitting on the couch and I experienced an intense, sharp pain on the outside of my left foot, just below the ankle. It lasted for about 30 seconds. I thought it was weird but since there was no soreness after the pain ended and I didn't have problems walking, I ignored it.

About 3 months later, the exact same pain came back. It lasted about 30 seconds and then was gone. I remembered that it had happened before and started to become a little concerned. About an hour later, it happened again. That was twice! Is this getting worse?

About a month after that, the exact same thing happened again except this time it happened about 5 times in a day (about an hour apart)...a trend was starting.

I have had about 10 periods of these pains now and each time they get more frequent and more intense.

For the last two days I have had pulses of agony about every 1 to 5 min with a few hour or two gaps. I have had enough of this and need to figure out what is wrong with me. I have seen my Dr who was completely perplexed, she sent me to a neurologist who ran me through a battery of tests. I passed all of the tests with flying colors. She told me that there is nothing wrong with my nervous system and that there are no nerves where the pain is occurring. She told me that if the pains come back, she would refer me to a pediatrist.  

At this point I am hoping I can find some advise on this. Any help is appreciated.

I am a 30 yr old male. Slightly but not significantly over weight. Generally good health. Formerly athletic (played several highschool sports) that now lives mostly sedentary. My job is about 50% sitting at a desk, 50% moving around. No allergies. Never injured this foot/ankle.