Intermittent Fever
My daughter is 4 yrs old she is running a fever for last one week which is coming after regular interval which goes after taking paracetemol and comes back after 4 hrs gap..
(though In this last one week fever was absent for 48 hrs in between and then came back as usual)
She is tested 2 times for maleria, dangue, UTI and Typhoid all the tests are -ve but based on symptoms (her Heamoglobin level fell from 11.8 to 10.5) her doctor has started treatment for maleria from today (quinine syrup) though maleria parasite has not found in her blood. But I am worried as even after 7 days her fever is still comming.
Kindly advice
Welcome to the forum!
The malaria parasite is not always found in blood, even in presence of malaria. There was a break for 48 hours. Since you have just started on anti malaria treatment, please complete the course. If the tests were done before 5 days of fever then you may need to repeat them. If the fever still persists after malaria treatment then you may need to get a complete panel for fever of unknown origin done. Please do not panic. In all probability the fever will settle down. At times a simple viral fever too takes 7-10 days to settle.
Hope this helps. Do let me know if there is any thing else and keep me posted. Take care!