Intermittent RUQ Pain
In November I had 3 episodes of sharp,stabbing pain in my right upper quadrant. All 3 of them happened as I stood up after a large meal. The pain did not build, I stood up and almost doubled over all three times. The first 2 times pain subsided in about 30min, the 3 time it lasted 8-12 hours and has been a little sore ever since. Went to my doctor and she suspected gallbladder problems even though she said my pain was not a "classic" attack. Had an abdominal Ultrasound. It reported the liver is normal in size, shows normal carcinogenicity. No abnormal masses could be identified. No evidence of intrahepatic biliary dilatation. The gallbladder showed normal wall thickness, no gallstones. The spleen was normal in size, no masses could be identified. The proximal part of the pancreas was normal. Both kidneys are normal in size. No focal renal masses were seen. No evidence of hydronephrosis. No evidence of ascites or abdominal lymphadenopathy. The proximal IVC and aorta are unremarkable.
Next I was put on Prilosec and my blood tested for H.Pylori and liver enzymes. Test came up negative/normal and I took the prilosec for 3 months. I felt a tad better - no pain, still just a little soreness. So I had an endoscopy, biopsies came out normal and Dr said I had gastritis.
The other day I felt around my rib cage and felt my bottom ribs "pop". Then the other night after eating, I felt my ribs before I got up and I could move my bottom 2-3 right ribs in and out with my hand, I could feel them clicking and popping as they moved.
Is there any way this could be rib related? What Now?
Thanks,
NC
Forgot to say:

25 year old male, no history. BP: 96/68, Height 6' 3", Weight 185lbs

Thanks in advance,

nate
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.