Intermittent chest pain & fatigue
I am a 28 year old female with several symptoms that have lasted almost 2 years. I have been diagnosed with Celiac disease, gall stones (gall bladder removed), kidney stones, mole removed and diagnosed as a spitz tumor (getting second opinion).

The past 2 years I have been very fatigued and had this intermittent chest pain. The pain in my chest is deep and most times is a dull pain and lasts between an hour. To try and diagnose myself I have tried taking antacids and they did not help. I have also tried homeopathic medication for anxiety and these do not help either. I have woken up with this pain, so I cannot see how it could be anxiety.

I also have an enlarged lymph node that has been there for almost 2 years. It went from the size of a pencil eraser to the size of  skittle and just recently my GP noticed it went down and for no reason. He is sending me to a specialist. I have been waiting for 3 months now to get a call from the specialist.

I had a chest xray as well as a CT scan of my abdomen, so my question is, could these scans miss things that would cause this chest pain? They did not get to scan my neck, so they would not be able to see the enlarged lymph node on the CT.
That post was Nov (4 months ago) and my symptoms have worsened. The chest pain is still mild, but is more frequent is happens everyday. I have had an episode where my chest pain worsened and then went into my left shoulder and up my neck. I also recently had what is called an occular migraine. I never had such a thing before, but went to the eye dr to see what it was and that is what he told me. I also never had this again. Just this week my family doctor sent me to the ER with chest pain, rapid heart rate (120bpm) with BP 120/96 and shortness of breath. At the ER I became faint and almost passed out and following that my left arm became tingly and numb and turned blue. They did an EKG and it was fine....I am still waiting for the blood tests, but my doctor sent me for more.

As for the ENT we did a Fine Needle Biopsy on my neck where my enlarged lymph node is and it came back inconclusive. We are now scheduling a guided biopsy in March.

I have talked to many people, some say it could be thoracic outlet syndrome and it seems like it could because it can cause chest pain, but normally what happens is my chest pain worsens and my heart rate elevates as well as my blood pressure and then I have the arm symptoms. I do not have problems with my arm on a daily basis. It just seems intermittent where it will now go cold and tingly.

The other thing people have been saying is linked to the lymph nodes and how there could be some enlarged in my chest we cannot feel and they could press on heart valves which can trigger the same symptoms.

Another thing it can be, but is scary is the fact there could be a clot somewhere.

All I know is that the EKG came back fine, so it most likely was not a heart attack even though an EKG is not an exact science either.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Hi HeartBeatFast,

You're right, an EKG is not exactly science... have you had any other heart tests, like a doppler test or a holter test?

I am not a doctor, but could this be a diaphragm hernia?

Whatever it is, I wish you the very best of luck!!! :)