Undiagnosed Symptoms Community
Intermittent pain in the neck,armpit and ear lymph nodes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to undiagnosed symptoms, breathing difficulties, feeling cold, cough, diarrhea, dizziness, fainting, fever, indigestion, itching, nausea, numbness, pain (chronic), paralysis, rash, sweating, swelling, urination problems, and vomiting.

I have been experiencing these intermittent pains in the neck,armpit and ear lymph nodes.The pain comes and goes within seconds. I have had rapid hiv antibody test at 5,11 and 12 weeks and the results were negative. Infact 12 weeks ago, I had a nasty sore throat which was cleared by augmentin. The lymph nodes do not seem to be swollen and none that i can feel by touch except the ones on the either side of the throat. Do anyone in this forum has experienced this kind of problem? Please advice.
I dont know how old you are but have you had a mono-spot test done or an epstein barr virus test done?  If not, you might want to.  Mono can present symptoms other than just a sore throat.  I would have a CBC done, if it is Mono, the white blood count will be high.  You should see your doctor again and ask for these tests just to be safe.
Thanks for the reply. I am 32 yrs old male.  In fact I had the CBC done at 5 weeks post the symptoms of sore throat, fatigue and dizziness. WBC was in the normal lab range with lympho at 47% and neutro at 48%.Rbc was also in the normal lab range. Please advice.
In addition to above,and prior to CBC test, when the sore throat started, I started taking generic amoxillin capsules. This did not resolve the sore throat and the doctor prescribed ofloxacin 800g to be taken for five days. After five days,the sore throat was resolved but for only a week. It again recurred and this time the doctor prescribed Augmentin 2g to be taken for seven days. After seven days, the sore throat was resolved completely but then plentiful,tiny sort of pinhead rashes started appearing on my forehead that spread to upper chest, neck and the back.  I still have the said rashes till to date but no sore throat. In between all this, I was diagonised with vitamin b12 deficeincy for which I have been taking vitamin b12 injections.
Ive never heard of Vitamin B12 deficiency causing those symptoms.  You need a mono test, and a strep test due to the rash and sore throat, also a throat culture to test for different bacterias (Strep A and Strep B).  The rapid strep tests they do in the clinic only test for one type of strep.  Also, even though rare anymore, you should ask them about possible scarlet fever.  You need a new CBC done, it is possible that the WBC has went up since the last test.  And also have an epstein barr virus test just in case the rapid mono spot test comes back negative.  It is possible to have false negatives.  The epstein barr virus test will allow them to know if you have an active case of moment.  Try seeing your doctor for all these tests, I know it is alot but I think it has something to do with strep or mono.  You dont necessarily have to have a sore throat with mono, but the rash concerns me that you may have a serious case of strep.  Please get rechecked and insist on these tests.  I hope this helps.  In the mean time, try to stay in the cool air, dont allow yourself to get too hot or sweaty.  Also, have you had the chicken pox or the measles, or have you vaccinated for them?
Thank you very much for the reply. I will do all the required tests that you have advised me. Just for the knowledge,can a case of strep shows the sort of the rash I am having without any symptoms of sore throat or fever?As for the vaccination of chicken pox or measles, I really don't know whether I have been vacinated for the same.Only my mother can know.
Can sore throat with mono later on lead to dry cough? When the sore throat was resolved, I had cough that persisted for three weeks and then resolved itself.I have had numerous sore throats in the past that uasually ends up with the cough. The cough then persists for averagely two weeks and resolves itself.
Yes.  I developed chronic mono after the bad outbreak I had the first time.  So every year around this time I get it.  If you have a mild case, it can cause a cough, but usually it is due to the post nasal drip.  Its a dry cough but just irritating.  

The doctor can usually look at your rash and diagnose if it is strep, measles or chicken pox.  The only test he would really have to do is a strep test, but it is possible to still have a strep rash without the other symptoms that go along with it.  It actually sounds like you may have already had strep and the other symptoms have resolved, but the rash is just lingering around.  

If this is chicken pox or the measles, then I will keep you in my prayers.  They say the older you are, the harder these diseases are on the body.  I will keep you in my prayers anyways and just hope that it is something simple.  
Thank you very much for the comment. I better visit a skin specialist before any complications arise. I really appreciate for the advice that you have given me and a very special thank you for keeping me in your prayers. I truly appreciate.Ishall keep you posted of anything that comes up.
Your welcome.  I hope you feel better soon.  Good luck and be sure to keep me updated.